Author Topic: Airships: Hindenburg complete  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Airships
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 09:10:18 AM »
Wow is it great to see an update!

The build quality is simply magnificent! I don't see a seam anywhere!

Looking forward to the next update, however long it takes,

Brian da Basher

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
Candidate for The 2015/16 Clear Your Work Bench Group Build maybe?

possibly, didn't think of that

Wow is it great to see an update!

The build quality is simply magnificent! I don't see a seam anywhere!

Looking forward to the next update, however long it takes,

Brian da Basher

Thank you very much.

Anyways decals are done, just some minor things that are irking me and a base to do

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
And finished before the new year.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Airships: Hindenburg complete
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »
Alright - you moved out and finished this beauty (unlike me)  :)
In all the decades I seen Hindenburg pictures.  Nose and tail landing gear did not register with me until seeing your pictures.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »
Your Hindenberg looks really good. Just keep it away from open flames and huge manatees.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2016, 07:30:15 AM »
That's got to be the best looking Hindenburg I've ever seen next to the movie model at the Smithsonian, and yours is certainly in much better shape! I especially like your work on all the windows.

It's no small feat to get such a sharp, clean build out of a model like this. I've got two in the stash and I'm trying to get up the nerve...

Interesting, I had no idea the Hindenburg had registration codes on top. Since I'm vertically challenged, I miss things like this easily.

You finished this baby up as a real testament to your incredible talent and skill! Bravo!!!

Brian da Basher

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 08:01:41 AM »
That's got to be the best looking Hindenburg I've ever seen next to the movie model at the Smithsonian, and yours is certainly in much better shape! I especially like your work on all the windows.

It's no small feat to get such a sharp, clean build out of a model like this. I've got two in the stash and I'm trying to get up the nerve...

Interesting, I had no idea the Hindenburg had registration codes on top. Since I'm vertically challenged, I miss things like this easily.

You finished this baby up as a real testament to your incredible talent and skill! Bravo!!!

Brian da Basher

Thanks Brian.  The Graf Zeppelin, Hindenburg and Graf Zeppelin II all had the registration on top, I not sure if any earlier ships had it, I've not looked into it too deeply yet.  None of the kits supply the third registration decal though.  Not too sure if around the right way.  On GZII the top code ran the other way (D at the stern), but I seem the recall a pic of Hindenburg showing the D towards the bow, can't find it now of course.