Author Topic: Cyborg !!  (Read 3412 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Cyborg !!
« on: April 25, 2014, 01:36:26 PM »
I now have a real cyborg-sister (two artificial knees) but I'm trying to find an illustration from an old  paperback cover that showed a Cyborg - probably from a novel about robot wars (written 1950s/60's?).
Its body looked remarkably like Buzz Lightyear but the arms & legs were the scaffold-type pole arrangement with grapple claws holding a blaster - it had a human head with stubble hair .... done a google search with no decent results - anyone remember such or know where I could find it ?

Any other genuine (part flesh, part machine) cyborg illustrations or stories other than Terminator, Robocop & Steve Austin ??

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Cyborg !!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »
I rather like this one;

And this one's pretty good, too;

Unfortunately any search for cyborgs ends up with tens-of-thousands of images of android robots, terminators, Jean-Claude's, Star Trek borg, Robocop, et al., but in amongst all that dross are a few spectacular gems.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: Cyborg !!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:27:48 AM »
I thought the first one looked like Summer Glau and when I did a little search I saw it was the cover of the Sarah Conner Chronicles DVD.