Author Topic: Steam Landcrawler MkI (1905)  (Read 12407 times)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Steam Landcrawler MkI (1905)
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
Such steam punk powered rivet-tasticness - cool  8)
Envision it as a navy operated land crawler (great term) to do battle with ships offshore.
I'm classing it as a Coastal Defense Vehicle (CDV).  A vehicle type I would like to build.  This sets an example for CDVs.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »
Such steam punk powered rivet-tasticness - cool  8)
Envision it as a navy operated land crawler (great term) to do battle with ships offshore.
I'm classing it as a Coastal Defense Vehicle (CDV).  A vehicle type I would like to build.  This sets an example for CDVs.

Don't forget that the 1st tanks in WW1 were originally a Royal Navy project & were considered to be "land ships" until their cover designation took over.

;)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
Absolutely fantastic work! I can't wait to see the end product.  :)
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Brother Macal

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »
Hi There!

Fantastic Build! :) Very impressive job, nice ideas, and the model has the feeling :) That feeling of steam :) Waiting for updates ;-)

Offline AndyJ

• Has a Martian hover tank lurking in his stash...
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:19 AM »
Thanks for the comments chaps and the thread bump!

I would love to announce progress but alas I've been snowed under with work and other projects. I did complete the StuIG 33B that was lurking in the background and a M4A3E2 is nearing completion. However, what with the support from here I think that this going from the "shelf to shame" and back to the workbench  :)