Author Topic: Rescuing the Left For Dead  (Read 4426 times)

Offline sotoolslinger

• A World Champion Blackbelt in Putty-Foo…the man means business (just look at his photo!)
  • Look at the banner and you will see his work.
Rescuing the Left For Dead
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:28:20 AM »
I get in strange moods sometimes. I will have a project mostly completed and something will change and it will be abandoned.  :-\ :-X :-[
I have decided that these two need to get finished...

I remember what happened with the little blue one, I decided the paint job sucked, set her down ,and she never got picked back up. I really like the design and have gotten better at painting so she wil get some new colors.

I have no idea why I abandoned the Hellfighter but I still like the idea and she really goes with the other one as they are both RoT Navy

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Rescuing the Left For Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
You should see about entering these in the Clear Your Bench GB!

Brian da Basher

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
Interesting. Could you tell us more about these models? (kit source, transformation, ...)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
the paint scheme mightn't match the airframe shape very well on that blue one, but that cam on something else would look great :)   Perhaps a colour to accentuate the turned-down wing-tips ??  Very cool idea but they don't show up very well in these pics.

The rear end of the Helldiver always looked rather bland to me  ...... needs a V- or T-tail ;)

I agree with Brian - you need to enter these in the clear the bench GB.

Offline sotoolslinger

• A World Champion Blackbelt in Putty-Foo…the man means business (just look at his photo!)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
the paint scheme mightn't match the airframe shape very well on that blue one, but that cam on something else would look great :)   Perhaps a colour to accentuate the turned-down wing-tips ??  Very cool idea but they don't show up very well in these pics.

The rear end of the Helldiver always looked rather bland to me  ...... needs a V- or T-tail ;)

I agree with Brian - you need to enter these in the clear the bench GB.
All righty then See my entries in the GB later today.
I will go over the build history and kits used there.
I will also go over the modifications I am doing to the Hellfighter >:( ??? :-\
I'm looking at you Raafif ;)
You know I have a history of strange tails :)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:27:02 AM »
On consideration the HellFighter should get a V-tail ;)  t'would go well with the Texas Jackrabbit :)

Offline sotoolslinger

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

Offline sotoolslinger

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
Interesting. Could you tell us more about these models? (kit source, transformation, ...)

Please see here
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2202.0

Offline John Howling Mouse

• The King Of Absurdia
  • Have vacformer, will travel.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
Some said something about a potential T-TAIL...?!

It has been scientifically proven that a T-tail automatically increases the cool factor of any airframe by an estimated 112%...

Just sayin'
Saving the globe from plastic pollution one kitbashed model at a time.