Modelling > Aero-space

Kawasaki Ki-48 Ideas and Inspiration

(1/2) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Hi folks,

I have been toying with buying a Kawasaki Ki-48 kit and was thinking I would put it to the board for ideas and inspiration (might convince me to make the plunge).

At this stage, I am thinking of doing one as a RAF Bomber - I think it has that sort of look  What do you think?  Any other alternative ideas?

Regards,

Greg

raafif:
Seeing that Japan was on good terms with Britain commercially, this sounds plausable.  The Lily was a contemporary of the Beaufort so would fit with RAF ideas, its engines certainly were better than the Taurus.  RAF would probably still fit a turret rather than a flex-mount tho.  Would it perform as well as the Beaufort with a torpedo too ?

Maybe if Japan stopped north of British assets in Asia, RAAF may have got them also :o

GTX_Admin:
Or maybe, just like in WW1, Japan could be on the Allied side and thus send a contingent to the UK to fight alongside the RAF?

apophenia:
Interesting concept! Here's my take on an RAF Ki-48 torpedo bomber:
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=351.msg13907#msg13907

Maverick:
For myself, I've always liked the look of many of the Japanese mediums.  I envisaged them as Kriegsmarine operated (German designed) aircraft.

Regards,

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version