Modelling > Aero-space

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Ideas and Inspiration

(1/80) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Hi folks...and Scooterman,

Here's a thread dedicated to your Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Ideas and Inspiration.

To start you off, here is something a friend provided me yesterday:

Regards,

Greg

Jeffry Fontaine:
I thought we had one of those already ;)

Any chance that the RB199 would fit inside of the Skyhawk fuselage?  With or without reheat, it would certainly perk things up. 

GTX_Admin:
I couldn't find an existing thread - I always do a search before starting a new thread. ;)

Re the RB199, it should be able to fit one - after all Singapore fitted the F404 to theirs and that is a bigger engine.  Would need some appropriate engineering but it should work.

Now to take things one step further, what about an A-4 with RB199...with the thrust reversers as per the Panavia Tornado!?  Still thinking of the reason....but who cares?

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on March 17, 2012, 03:27:54 AM ---I couldn't find an existing thread - I always do a search before starting a new thread. ;)

Re the RB199, it should be able to fit one - after all Singapore fitted the F404 to theirs and that is a bigger engine.  Would need some appropriate engineering but it should work.

Now to take things one step further, what about an A-4 with RB199...with the thrust reversers as per the Panavia Tornado!?  Still thinking of the reason....but who cares?
--- End quote ---

With thrust reverser gear it might take on the appearance of the Israeli Skyhawks with the IR suppression based on the lengthened exhaust.  At least that would give it the needed room for the diverter apparatus to work without interference. 

upnorth:
A few years ago I had a RAF Skyhawk on the go.

I was using a Fujimi single seater kit with a Quickboost Harrier Gr.5 nose grafted on.

I put the typical RAF blocky RWR antenna on the tail and a bolt on retractable IFR probe similar to the Tornado IDS set up on it.

I kept the kit tailpipe and decided it would take a dry Avon as it's engine.

I had the plan to put 30 mm Aden guns on it and had some BL 755 cluster bombs to hand under it.

Sadly; the nose suffered resin shrinkage and, in a fit of rage, she took a flight across the room.

I had her painted in mid 80s green/grey wraparound and marked up as an 11 Sqn. machine.

I'll see if I still have pics of her somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version