« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 02:04:34 AM »
 :smiley:
Sea / Re: Aircraft Carrier Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 02:00:07 AM »
You can see more on these here including some more phots including the good:

and the not so good:

Sea / Re: Aircraft Carrier Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:51:36 AM »
Think of it as the Daddy of the WWII CAM ship concept:  It is the Thorneycroft Seaplane Lighter was a 58ft flat-bottomed barge towed by another vessel.  They would get up to a certain speed, then with the RNAS Sopwith Camel 2F.1 engine revved up, they would let it rip and hope it made it into the sky! The purpose was to extend the range of the aircraft and they could then be used to intercept enemy Zeppelin bombers. The pilot would then have to ditch the aircraft and await a rescue.

Land / Re: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:40:40 AM »
 :smiley:
Other / Re: Just some cool photos...nothing more, nothing less...
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:34:37 AM »
Nice work
New Model Kit News/Reviews / Re: Eduard Model Accessories
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:12:32 AM »
Some Whatif variants here:

CFBV
Naval GB / Re: The Science Pirates: Early operations
« Last post by Dr. YoKai on Yesterday at 11:20:55 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, colleagues. This was a blast to build - the next sps will be either the Pompei As You Go (ex-USS Vesuvius) or the Great Beastern (ex-SS Great Eastern).

It looks great, but something I wouldn't want to see coming at me. What type of beam weapon is in the turrets?

Frank - from the opening post
The after turret used a pair of Ancient Atlantean weapons, a 'fire lance' and an 'audio pulse amplifier'. The former projected a thin beam or 'spear' of super-heated plasma, contained by
a powerful magnetic field, with a range/terminus of around half a kilometer. The APA projected pulsed soundwaves that at first simply bounced
off the target, to be analyzed by an Atlantean Difference Engine, which would then modify the pulse to the vibrational frequency of the
target, and "Shake them up a bit", as Aunt Sekrit was wont to say.

The range on the Fire lance is probably a bit optimistic - we've talked about plasma weapons before, I recall. ;)
New Model Kit News/Reviews / Re: Lonestar Models
« Last post by kitnut617 on Yesterday at 09:54:47 PM »
Just about anything from Cutting Edge.  I have some B-1 bits that I acquired from them just before they closed up shop.

I bought their 1/72 Chinese B-29 AEW conversion at about that time too, when I got the package I had a quick look at the bits then put it away. Much later when I decided to build the model with the conversion, I found that there were only two engine nacelles in the box  ----  :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10