Author Topic: Ban Dai Gundam 6 week challenge  (Read 2390 times)

Offline ed s

• An outstanding, creative builder.
Ban Dai Gundam 6 week challenge
« on: September 09, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »
It's time for local club fall challenge. To support our LHS, we all buy a kit at our 1st Saturday in September meeting at the store and build it over the next 6 weeks and take it to our 3rd Wednesday evening meeting in October. So wandering around the shop last Saturday, I found this on the clearance shelf. Looks like a nice kit for less than $20. Now, I'm not one to build this Out Of The Box, so I'm going to have to modify it someway.  Still haven't decided on what I want.

Ed

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
Re: Ban Dai Gundam 6 week challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy, but as soon as I saw this, I thought, "US Army 1955"  Mybe an entry for the WWIII GB?

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
AirGeep Mk. III.  ;D
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline ed s

• An outstanding, creative builder.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
It's been a little crazy about here lately. But somehow, I found time to finish this, although, not much time to keep up with posting on how I was doing.

I decided that I didn't really like the "Resurrection" of the Wehrmacht theme that this had. I have to admit, I know almost nothing about Gundam and what kind of reality this is supposed to be part of.

So I thought, what is one thing that happens to virtually every mode of transportation ever developed? People find ways to race them. So I made a racer.  I left off a few parts, including the armament. And I added some bigger engines on the aft lift fan cover. Found some automotive colors on my paint rack and here it is.

Ed

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
I would call it the "Fire Ant"