Author Topic: Confederate States Air Force Mirage F-1  (Read 17303 times)

Texgunner

Re: Confederate States Air Force Mirage F-1
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
Very cool!  I'd love to see that tank.
Gary

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 11:24:08 PM »
Maybe if he is nice, he will repost pics...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline sotoolslinger

• A World Champion Blackbelt in Putty-Foo…the man means business (just look at his photo!)
  • Look at the banner and you will see his work.
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »
Here y'all go :-*

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
Thank you  :)

Texgunner

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Oh yeah!  Those are great, thanks for sharing them again.  That insignia is the same one I've envisioned for my RTAF planes!  Great minds, thinking alike, lol.  Very cool tanks, tanks a lot. :)
Gary

Sentinel Chicken

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »
You gonna bring those tanks to Scalefest next weekend, Ron?

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »
Its got so many guns poking out it could be made by Game Workshop !!   Great stuff !! :)

pastafarian

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 02:53:52 AM »
Yeah, the Leclerc, I hadn't thought of that!  Inspired choice!  I like that idea.
 You know, the historical Republic of Texas was constantly plagued with debt and financial problems during its nine year lifetime.  However, modern-day Texas, with its rich resources, might be fairly "flush" with cash.  They might even commission an indigenous tank (or aircraft too perhaps?).  Now that would be cool...kit-bash anyone? ;)

I have a 1/35 Leopard that would be a cool defensive item for a modern independent Texas.  gonna have to affix a meat smoker to my rig though.  :P 

John

Sentinel Chicken

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Yeah, the Leclerc, I hadn't thought of that!  Inspired choice!  I like that idea.
 You know, the historical Republic of Texas was constantly plagued with debt and financial problems during its nine year lifetime.  However, modern-day Texas, with its rich resources, might be fairly "flush" with cash.  They might even commission an indigenous tank (or aircraft too perhaps?).  Now that would be cool...kit-bash anyone? ;)

I have a 1/35 Leopard that would be a cool defensive item for a modern independent Texas.  gonna have to affix a meat smoker to my rig though.  :P 

John
Being Texan myself (naturalized via marriage), the idea of a RoTX tank with an attached meat smoker is so EPIC I think my head damn near exploded.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:08:40 AM by Sentinel Chicken »

Texgunner

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »

John
Being Texan myself (naturalized via marriage), the idea of a RoTX tank with an attached meat smoker is so EPIC I think my head damn near exploded.

Amen brother.  Now that's what I call a Texas-idea; bar b q to go via MBT!  A combat "pit" no less.  Oh, I am so digging that plan.  I may have to start scratch-building a 1/35 scale pit now.  And in a similar vein, when I was a little kid, we had a National Guard unit in Cameron that was made up mostly  of Czech descent, or Bohemian if you will.  Every summer when they headed off to their yearly training, they were famous for taking a trailer full of beer (pevo).  Now, that's how the Bohemian Army went to "war", lol!
Gary
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:53:00 AM by Gary Brantley »

Sentinel Chicken

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
Beer and BBQ are really the only two food groups here in Texas.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
I thought Texas was really just that extremely Northern Territory of Australia...

Sentinel Chicken

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 10:01:45 AM »
I thought Texas was really just that extremely Northern Territory of Australia...
That's odd, all these years I thought Australia was just Far West Texas.  ;D

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Seconded!!

Offline Bryan H.

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »
Beautiful Reb Mirage!   8)  If you need any reference material for Texas Air Corps Mirage F.1's, I have a few pics...

Cheers & happy modeling, Bryan
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:59:12 AM by Bryan H. »

pastafarian

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
Seconded!!

That's kinda funny.  A friend of mine wrote his dissertation on comparative ranching practices between Texas and Australia.  I think that he said a few of the ranch heads actually left Texas and set up down there.  That punk actually spent a year down there drinking and hanging out in archives!  bah.  LOL

John

Texgunner

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
Beautiful Reb Mirage!   8)  If you need any reference material for Texas Air Corps Mirage F.1's, I have a few pics...

Cheers & happy modeling, Bryan

Thanks Bryan!  And that Texan F.1 is great!  Man, those Southern boys and there Frenchie 'planes!!  Magnifique, tres bien.
Gary

Offline AGRA

• Took the opportunity to tease us with a RAAF F-82
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
Thanks for looking, comments are welcomed!

In Texan service the Mirage F1 could be called the “Bonfire” in honour of the Aggie tradition and the wide nozzle of the jet (in SAAF service it was called the Vlamgat, Afrikaans for “flame hole”).

Texan pilots could have lots of mission marks and kills from service in the Texian Air Legion in the South African Border War of the 1980s. Texas like South Africa being an international pariah at that time because of their racial segregation laws.

The pilot of this aircraft could be the unit CO; Wing Commander George W. Bush the son of Texan President George H.W. Bush.

That's kinda funny.  A friend of mine wrote his dissertation on comparative ranching practices between Texas and Australia.  I think that he said a few of the ranch heads actually left Texas and set up down there.  That punk actually spent a year down there drinking and hanging out in archives!  bah.  LOL

There’s a town in Queensland called Texas because it was formed by land owners “seceding” from a larger estate in 1836 so they thought they’d honour Texan independence from Mexico with a new name and of course it was a pretty funny joke.

pastafarian

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »

There’s a town in Queensland called Texas because it was formed by land owners “seceding” from a larger estate in 1836 so they thought they’d honour Texan independence from Mexico with a new name and of course it was a pretty funny joke.
[/quote]

Huh, I'll check and see if he knows about that.  We called him the "cow chip historian" since he wrote about ranches.  One of the faculty members named me Silky because "it sounded like a good pimp name" since I did my dissertation on prostitution during the American Civil War.  :P

John

Sentinel Chicken

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2012, 01:55:51 AM »
Huh, I'll check and see if he knows about that.  We called him the "cow chip historian" since he wrote about ranches.  One of the faculty members named me Silky because "it sounded like a good pimp name" since I did my dissertation on prostitution during the American Civil War.  :P

You had to have played cow chip bingo then. I grew up in the cattle raising areas of Southwestern Kansas (Dodge City, to be exact), my dad worked in meat packing plants. Our local church used cow chip bingo as a fundraiser. They'd mark out a grid inside a pen with spray paint. Each square was numbered. People then bought numbers. They'd let in a steer and whatever square he took a crap on was the winning square. There was a time limit on how long the steer would be in the pen. If it hadn't conducted a bombing run in the allotted time, 1/2 the money went to th ehouse and the other 1/2 carried over to the next round.

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »

So beautiful and plausible! :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Wulf

• Does a lot of real world stuff..the deviant!!!
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
very nice indeed

i once did a Republic of Texas Air Force F16......part of the New Confederate States of America.....threads on here somewhere i think....all to do with how the southern states reacted to Obamas inability to stop immigrants from mexico and reduction of budgets

I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline TurboCoupeTurbo

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »
Nice camo job on the F-16, and the F-1 is excellently detailed.