Author Topic: Halberstadt Scout - A One Wing Biplane.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
Halberstadt Scout - A One Wing Biplane.
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:43:55 AM »

Not sure if this counts as a scratch-build or a conversion . . . anyway, I wanted to add a Halberstadt D-type to the One Wing Biplane fleet, but the only kit that I could find was the less than perfect Pegasus one, and I couldn't find one for sale anywhere. However, looking at pictures and drawings of Halberstadt scouts, I realised that I could use a Fokker Eindecker as a basis for a model. It wouldn't be true scale, but would be close enough for me . . .  8)

Halberstadt Scout, unknown unit, die Fliegertruppen des Deutschen Kaiserreiches (Imperial German Military Air Service), autumn 1916.

Fuselage aft of the wings and horizontal tail from a 1/72 Revell Fokker Eindecker, wings from a 1/72 Revell Sopwith Camel. Forward fuselage plastic card, top decking epoxy putty. Rudder, undercarriage, gun and propeller from the spares box, decals are from Almark sheet A29 'German Crosses 1916-17' Colour scheme from 'Fighters 1914-19. page 34.
As I've said, the model is not true scale, and also has a mixture of features of the various Halberstadt D-types, hence why I call it a 'scout', rather than a particular D-type . . .   :o

cheers,
Robin.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:47:29 AM by robunos »
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Re: Halberstadt Scout - A One Wing Biplane.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:20:03 AM »
Wow - looks great! The color scheme is fantastic, too.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
 8) :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 04:15:54 PM »
Makes into fine monoplane.  Appears top wing was not necessary.  :smiley: