Author Topic: L/F: 1/72 WW2 bomber nose gear  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
L/F: 1/72 WW2 bomber nose gear
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »
Hi guys! :))

Looking for WW2 bomber nose gear (& bay, if possible). Preferrably from a B-25 or B-26 but anything similar will do.

Quite happy to pay for parts &/or postage.

Thanks! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: L/F: 1/72 WW2 bomber nose gear
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:47:09 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
Thanks, Robert, that may well do the job! :smiley:

It's for a slash'n'bash job on a Lancaster, which I want to have tricycle undercarriage.

Unfortunately my local (well, Australian-local) online store doesn't seem to be carrying much in the way of u/c accessories (at the moment, anyway).
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
It's made like that for nose weight in the kit. I think their B-24 u/c conversion also comes with a 'weighted' nose floor.

I think I may have a spare Shackleton nose bay in the stash. I'll have a look but it might be on the weekend (Sunday) as it's got very busy with late construction at the airport. We're having some gorgeous weather right now, cool in the mornings (very low single digit Celsius readings) to around 30C in the afternoons.

You and me have similar ideas, been thinking about Shackleton tri-u/c gear for a Lincoln
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:31:57 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »
I wish it'd warm up around here! We're getting sub-5oC in the mornings & it's not making 15o before the temps head South again ... Roll on Summer!

The B-26 u/c set has 25g, according to SAC's info, in nose-weight. Their B-25 set includes bulkheads & a metal nose wheel but only totals 9g of nose-weight.

The Lanc is being shortened (length & wingspan), going twin-engine (Napier Sabres nicked from a couple of Airfix Typhoons) & trike. Also adding 4 x cheek guns kindly donated by Kit.

May put a remote turret underneath behind the bomb bay ... maybe.

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 05:14:03 AM »
I wish it'd warm up around here! We're getting sub-5oC in the mornings & it's not making 15o before the temps head South again ... Roll on Summer!

Hmm, it's early September, end of Summer and beginning of Autumn here in the Highlands and it was only 9oC this morning.  I think I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times we made it over 20o this Summer.  Roll on Winter and get some justifiably cold crappy weather!
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!