General Category > New Model Kit News/Reviews

Kotare Models (New Zealand)

(1/3) > >>

The Big Gimper:
Via Facebook.

https://www.kotare-models.com/

Dr. YoKai:
 I am glad that WnW will be continuing in some form - hopefully they will consider downscaling some of their releases, but even if they don't, it will be nice to see more WW 1 subjects.

jcf:
First release:
https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-late/

Old Wombat:
I know they're following on from the Wingnut Wings business model ethos (which was, admittedly, quite successful) but I think they'd be better off not aiming at the high end of the market.

Even if they focus on the larger scales, at least do 1/48 versions so they get a bigger market & more cash through the tills.

KiwiZac:
This is exciting for me because Alan Deere lived in my hometown for much of his childhood, went to my high school, and I know his nephew. This is a must-buy for me.

I listened to the latest episode of the Australian podcast On The Bench (link - do yourself a favour* and skip to 30min from the end) and they have an interview with Richard Alexander. Some bullet points regarding the Spitfire:

- not at test shots stage yet otherwise would be more concrete with release schedule
- when asked about oilcanning etc Richard said surface detail "makes" the real aeroplane
- no indication of PE as the kit should be able to be built OOB, maybe some ancillary accessories later but too early to tell
- an engine adds a huge amount of complexity, there is a market for that but it cuts out people who want to just do one they saw
- number of decal options has been decided on but not ready to say, except Kiwi as on box art
- multiple boxings? "Want to milk it for all it's worth"!
- at the moment no wheels-up option but as part of the design process modelled compressed and uncompressed oleos and retraction to see how it fits

*I'm not a regular listener, this is the second one I've downloaded - the first was also for a Richard Alexander interview. Interesting how the hosts have a light-hearted whinge, and are always surprised, about Richard not telling them about what's next....almost as though they were unware of Wingnut Wings (and now Kotare) policy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version