Author Topic: French Vultee Vengeance  (Read 863 times)

Offline The Rat

• 70 years old, doesn't feel a day over 90.
  • Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.
French Vultee Vengeance
« on: November 27, 2022, 06:09:22 AM »
Here she is, in all her ignominy. Another paint disaster, a signature of nearly all my work   :o :icon_twisted:, happened after decaling, so it wasn't easy to fix. For some reason, probably of my own doing, a clear coat reacted with the paint, principally the brown, and gave the dreaded orange peel texture. Delicate sanding, especially around the decals, cleared up that, and more paint was applied, of a slightly different shade. But only on the wings, because I just couldn't be bothered messing around with the fuselage. So, maybe the chaps doing the work ran out of the official paint and had to nip down to the local shop to pick up an approximation? Meh, write your own backstory for that one. The French aircraft of that time often had no standard scheme anyway, it was just freehand and freestyle, so there's that.

This is the ancient Frog issue, warts and everything. Many thanks to Chris/Narses 2, from whatifmodelers.com, for the decals, I have plenty of French markings but none correct for the period, and also for the torpedo. The torpedo mounts were leftover bits from a Matchbox Beaufighter, and give the rear end a dangerously low clearance. Well, it was wartime. Aerial wire is EZ-line attached with CA glue. Photos were taken with my new(ish) phone, a Samsung S10e, cropped to size with Irfanview.

by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/190327384@N02/]Dave Bailey, on Flickr

by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/190327384@N02/]Dave Bailey, on Flickr

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"Man, if you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know!" - Louis Armstrong, when asked "What is jazz?"

Offline IJ001

• Long time What if builder and Grumpy Old(er) Man
Re: French Vultee Vengeance
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 08:46:56 AM »
Nothing wrong with this... nice masking around the canopy

Ian.
Still building, still grumpy.

Offline The Rat

• 70 years old, doesn't feel a day over 90.
  • Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 09:18:44 PM »
Nothing wrong with this... nice masking around the canopy

Ian.

Thanks, I love masking canopies. I'm also a pathological liar.  ;)
"Man, if you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know!" - Louis Armstrong, when asked "What is jazz?"

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 01:23:09 AM »
Looks good :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 03:30:52 AM »
 Nice! The Vengeance is a neat looking plane that doesn't get much love. The French scheme is a winner.