Modelling > Sea

Frigates, Destroyers, And Cruisers Ideas And Inspirations

<< < (2/27) > >>

dy031101:

--- Quote from: RP1 on September 10, 2012, 01:11:04 AM ---I suspect, however, that the gun has a carousel or other autoloader beneath it, so you probably can't remove the little bit of superstructure that the Crotale launcher is sat on, as you have done in that image, without loosing space somewhere.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Weaver on September 10, 2012, 06:55:00 AM ---The Crotale reloading mechanism and magazine is in the deckhouse forward of the launcher...
--- End quote ---

Hum...... would this one make more sense then?

(The rear section adopted from that of a Cassard class.)

Thiel:
I suspect carrying the gun that high is going to do funky things with your topweight.

dy031101:
Recently I've been making slight renovations on Shipbucket graph-bashes that I did in the past.

SPS-49 features rather prominently, and there are certain ships that I would like equipped with something demonstratably more-advanced.  I've heard that there is a planar-array version of SPS-49 that might be the ticket but couldn't find out if that version is successful or not.  Can anyone shed any light on whether it is indeed an advanced version of SPS-49, when it came into being, and if it is a successful development?

Also, is there an European alternative to any advanced version of SPS-49?

Thanks in advance.

Thiel:
Depending on the timeframe there's the Dutch Smart+L or the British Type 967/968.

GTX_Admin:
Real world proposal: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version