Author Topic: Missiles on gun tanks  (Read 64409 times)

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
Re: Missiles on gun tanks
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Is Iran faring any better for their Zulfiqar MBT project?  Or do they simply have more-open access to OEM Russian 125mm gun than North Korea?

No idea.  Iran has been very secretive about its defence industries since the Revolution in 1979.   AIUI, the Zulfigar MBT has gone through a couple of designs and in the last 5-10 years their ability to source new machinery has been rather limited by both finances and politics.

Though I have heard that PRC is exporting new gun barrels as upgrade to early 125mm guns as well......

What about Iran's ability to procure quality 105mm guns to upgrade their T-54s?  And if they want to go with the "intimidation" route, they can put Kornet missile launchers on those upgraded T-54s, North-Korean-style, too......

*SIGH* I don't think the Iranians want to intimidate anybody, they're just rather touchy about how they perceive the rest of the world perceiving them.   The Chinese would be a good source but like anything the Chinese produce you would need a carefully worded contract and on hand quality control people to ensure the quality control was up to scratch at production.

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
Does anyone know of a 1/35 (or 1/48) kit of the FV 1620 Humber "Hornet"?

See here
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2017, 12:56:23 AM »
I was wondering if anyone tried to put a single TOW launcher onto a tank turret in a manner similar to that of a pintle-mounted machinegun and ended up finding a setup as part of the background story of the M2 Bradley.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:02:23 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2018, 12:53:59 AM »
Object 614A- T-54 with a triple Malyutka missile launcher, which elevates when in use, at the back of the turret.

Source page HERE (Russian Only!).
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline SebastianP

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2018, 01:18:42 AM »
These images might help:

Paint this black and the missiles orange and put a great big red Cobra logo on it, and it'll look just like one of the vehicles from the GI Joe toyline...

Offline dy031101

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2018, 08:17:42 AM »
Ukraine has apparently designed a variant of the Falarick 90 for the low-pressure Cockerill Mk.3 gun; granted, the only tank that could make use of this missile AFAIK would be the Scorpion 90......

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2020, 02:20:39 AM »
Another, even of the missiles are unguided:

Offline newtonk

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2020, 03:03:39 PM »
Does the IDF’s Pereh count?

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2021, 01:48:46 AM »
One I just stumbled across - was a design leading to the M1 Abrams combining 105mm gun plus TOW missiles on the turret:

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2021, 07:35:40 AM »
Object 614A- T-54 with a triple Malyutka missile launcher, which elevates when in use, at the back of the turret.

Source page HERE (Russian Only!).

Looks great! :smiley:

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2023, 02:11:32 AM »
As a slight diversion, what about a Western equivalent of the Soviet IT-1 which used a T-62 with pop-up launcher firing 3M7 Drakon missiles:

Perhaps a M-60 or Chieftain or AMX-30 fitted with SS.11 missiles instead of main gun?