Author Topic: GLanini Profiles  (Read 157919 times)

Offline Geist

• Never give up from your dreams!
    • Duhr Aviation Art
Re: GLanini Profiles
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »
 :smiley:
Check out my other works at my website, leave your comments and download the wallpapers!
http://www.duhraviationart.com

Offline Glanini

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #351 on: December 17, 2017, 05:07:42 AM »
In the early sixties the Italian Government and its controlled Oil firm ENI, decide to set a more aggressive policy in northern Africa and Middle East, they propose a 50-50 revenue sharing with these nations against the 75-25 of the Seven Sisters, but also it is decided to covertly help the independence movement in several countries. Algerian FLN is the group the receives more funds together with logistic support and training. Few months after the agreement between De Gaulle and FLN on Algerian Independence, the French President is forced to resign by the military. At that time France had not completed their withdrawal from Algeria and so units of the Foreign Legion start to attack Algerian units while the new French President General Salan denounces and withdraws from the Evian agreement. Algerian Government ask for support to the United Nations and friendly states. French uses its denial power at the UN, at the same time United President John Kennedy agrees with Italian Prime Minister Fanfani the support for Algeria. The purpose for Italy was to expand its anti-colonialist stance in Northern Africa and Middle East while US aim was to made the French Military Government fall and to avoid that Algeria would become a USSR proxy in the Mediterranean. As Italian Air Force units arrive in Algeria the US Army groups placed in Italy start patrol the French Italian border on the Alps, US Navy does the same as well in the Tyrrhenian Sea while US Air Force cover the airspace between the two nations in order to avoid that the conflict might expand in Europe…………….

Since its founding, Force 14 had been sending pilots and technicians to train with various Arab, Communist and Third World nations. These were absorbed by the air force of Syria, Algeria and Libya, as well as in various Warsaw Pact air arms. In August 1978, 32 pilots and 60 mechanics returned from various training courses, and a 150 were in training in the Eastern Bloc a year later. Fatah had also initiated a military assistance programme, and Force 14 became a useful instrument of Palestinian diplomacy. Its personnel were sent to assist Idi Amin's Ugandan Air Force in 1976 and delivered arms and supplies to the Sandinistas in Nicaragua after their victory. Force 14 also provided helicopter and fighters pilots for the Nicaraguan war against the Contras, as well as crews for Aeronica, a local airline. The PLO may have also established several of its own small airlines to operate its cargo planes. These served as both a cover for PLO activities as well as the nucleus of a future Palestinian airline. Following Syria's break with the PLO and its expulsion from Lebanon in the wake of the 1982 Lebanon War, Force 14 relocated its headquarters and the bulk of its personnel to the Yemen Arab Republic, although it maintained a presence in various other Arab countries, including Algeria, Libya and Iraq. In 1985 The PLO was reported to have leased the Island of Kamaran from Yemeni authorities to serve as a base for Force 14.

Regards

Offline Glanini

« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2018, 03:37:55 AM »
Here is another re-tooled profile, lots of work in this one that contains also several clues to my personal life....

Regards

Offline AXOR

• Our returned Monkey Box man
« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »
Grat job as always Glanini. :smiley:

I see your name under the cockpit...are you now a pilot?...oooor you got married? ;D and your wife's name is Gabi?
If so,sincere congratulations !
Alex

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2018, 02:20:04 AM »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2018, 07:36:40 AM »
Great stuff ... and wonderful backstories  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »
Here is another re-tooled profile, lots of work in this one that contains also several clues to my personal life....

Regards

Why cant I see this picture Glanini:o :-\ :(

M.A.D

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2018, 02:30:08 PM »
I have the same problem; I cannot see the picture.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2018, 02:40:05 AM »
No problems on my end.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:34 AM »
Nor here.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #360 on: January 24, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »
No problems on my end.
Same here,  shows immediately after page opens.  Maybe clear your browser history and see if that makes a difference.  Usually I am the one that does not see the linked images so I guess I should be grateful it shows for me this time around. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Glanini

« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2018, 11:40:31 AM »
Well first clue on my life, beautiful Naples is my Hometown

Well A Soviet MiG21 is not a What If by itself but in this context and with this markings yes

Regards

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:02 AM »
No problems on my end.
Same here,  shows immediately after page opens.  Maybe clear your browser history and see if that makes a difference.  Usually I am the one that does not see the linked images so I guess I should be grateful it shows for me this time around.
Interesting thing is that it still does not show up on a completely different computer system. :(

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2018, 06:53:51 PM »
Oh wow, I can see the profiles now  ;)

I have to say Glanini, your 'working' profiles give amazing details - the open airbrakes, the raised radome, the raised cockpits.....excellent!!!  :P

M.A.D 

Offline Glanini

« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
I have just finished the latest Osprey "Armies of the Greek-Italian War 1940-41" and it has inspired this profile. I have really appreciated the dedication of the author, that is to his mother and to the memory of the fallen of this war, and that this could be the last armed conflict between their two nations.
Furthermore, my Grandpa was part of the Italian occupation troops in Greece and was captured by the Nazis after September 8 1943. He refused to join Mussolini's army, died from the treatment he received and later awarded the Bronze Medal.

By far this was the dumbest of Mussolini's war, attack Greece from Albania at the end of October just to celebrate the anniversary of its march on Rome with less than half of the division requested by the Army.

Regards

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #365 on: February 02, 2018, 01:58:37 AM »

Offline Glanini

« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
Well since Photobucket has asked me quite some money to publish my profiles and they have disappeared  I am upgrading some of my old ones and republishing them.

Here is an operational  P-59

Regards
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:38:59 AM by Glanini »

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
Sorry, it does not work for me (I cannot see your last picture).

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
I can. :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Glanini

« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Updated Meteor in Palestine........

Regards

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2018, 02:09:22 AM »

Offline Glanini

« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
Here is a SAAF Meteor in the Korean Conflict

Regards

Offline AXOR

• Our returned Monkey Box man
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
That's quite nice  :smiley:
Alex

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #373 on: February 15, 2018, 02:22:01 AM »
 :smiley: :smiley:

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #374 on: February 15, 2018, 06:36:07 AM »
Very nice Meteors, both of them, with quite plausible stories.