Author Topic: New Mustang & Lightning seaplanes  (Read 37336 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: New Mustang & Lightning seaplanes
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »
The BP-38A Lightning Fortress heavy fighter used to break its tail wheels but the Float-version BP-38F had no problem (and a very good defense):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:05 AM »
Trimaran TR-38 with engines in external hulls (driving pusher propellers through gears and shafts):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »
Far from war, triceratops dinosaur bones were discovered in Kansas, 1943. And Lockheed designers took this idea to present the P-138 Tricerightning rammer-interceptor-floatplane, but USAAF pilots did prefer guns. Anyway, Japanese spies got the plans and Kawasaki built the Ki-138 Lightniceratops that pleased Japanese pilots very much, and many Ki-238 Lightniceratops-Futago (Twin-Lightniceratops) entered service to break down the B-29 fleet, what they did with full success (this was 60 million years ago, 1944 weeks after Jesusaurus Rex):
I must admit the P-138, Ki-138, Ki-238 were fantasy jokes: my son had required me to draw a triceratops airplane, but this morning he required a styracosaurus-airplane, and this is very different: in 1945, when the evil Hitler prepared the drop of nuclear bomb on New York, the New York Air National Guard ordered 1,000 Styracostang rammer-interceptors (powered by brain-energy), and 2,000 Sea-Styracostang (as an attack of ANG airfields would be of course the first step in the awful attack):
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:16:27 PM by Tophe »

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2015, 03:32:52 AM »
The 4-engined Lightning (Model 222x4) was proposed to the US-Navy as a floatplane (222x4F), and it was ordered in 22,222 copies... but this was cancelled, admirals saying this was a joke, alas.

:icon_ninja: :icon_music: 8) :D

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
The next day:
- Hello Admiral Nimitz!
- Hello Lockheed seller! What joke are you selling today?
- No joke admiral but a much improved version of the double-power Lightning: Model 222x4N! With N like Nimitz, yeah! You will be the celebrated winner forever!
- I buy 222,222 copies! Let you build 222 factories for that urgently! hehehe!
- War is not funny, admiral...
- So: please design seriously!

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2015, 04:04:56 AM »
My son wanted an aircraft-train, and... this is far from this floaty subject here, but I drew both a steam locomotive-plane and a steam flying boat, both Mustangs.

No, seriously: in 1943 the Luftwaffe had destroyed all English airfields, only the RP-51D Railstang could take off from the (unbroken parts of the) railway... And after the Axis invaded Middle East and took all the oïl, the Royal Navy counterattacked with the charcoal-burning Musteam SP-51D flying boat:

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2015, 04:20:56 AM »
Both you and your son have very active imaginations! Looks like fun!

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2015, 05:48:13 AM »
Both you and your son have very active imaginations! Looks like fun!

you both form a very creative team indeed!

I am thinking about building a book-winged aircraft someday, maybe ...

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
Thanks!

Well, as my son discovers dinosaurs again and again with youtube, he required his daddy (myself) to draw a tsintaosaurus-airplane... (tsintaosaurus is a Chinese dinosaur eating leaves), so the USAAF sent Lockheed Ts-38A to China lakes over Himalaya, from Burma.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
A new and hard puzzle: the waterlilly-airplane... Lord, that has never never been possible, I thought, but I checked the secret archives and... YES: while the US Navy refused the Mustang, the Marine Corps ordered the twin-engine push-pull VTOL Lillystang:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2015, 01:51:43 AM »
After the crash (or splash) of the 5 Lillystang prototypes, the contract for 20,000 Lillystangs was turned into 10,000 Twin-Lillystang, simply perfect in stability. And this was such a revolution in engineering that the Axis surrendered immediately (despite what said the Soviet "historians", the West never commited mass-murders of babies in Dresden and Hiroshima, no, never!).

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:26 AM »
The Hydroning A, B, C were twin-boom twin-engined single-seaters related to the Lightnings but their engines were not included in the booms:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »
My son required a mermaid-airplane because he loves the cartoon "Marina, Zig & Sharko", so...

How to classify her? human or animal or machine? flying boat or floatplane or triphibian somehow??? ;)
Anyway, be careful, she is very dangerous in the sky: a smile and bam, you're dead (heart attack)...

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
Young engineer Jacky Miller, not yet 6-year old, required a sun-airplane (or sun-seaplane). I asked: "a plane driven by solar electricity like on TV last week?". He said "No: a plane which is the Sun!". Ah, problem: I built a sun-flying boat with an extra piston engine for safety, and it flew vey well. So I removed the engine and yes: solar power was enough! Miracle!

sinié Jacky (signed Jacky) ;) :icon_swat: 8) :icon_ninja: :icon_music: :icon_fsm: ???