Author Topic: Flashheart SE5A  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
Flashheart SE5A
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
Ok as a first attempt to get something finished for this GB I've decided to finish my 1/48th airwargaming SE5A.
I'd hunted around for a colour scheme for ages undeed I didn;t really have a theme for this plane until last nite!

Well ....
I've decided to try and produce the mount of Squadron Leader The Lord Flashheart RFC, raconteur, cad and the terror of ladies clubs everwhere.
For those of you who don't know, Flashheart stars in the episode "Private Plane" from the series Blackadder Goes Forth.

Some notable quotes ............

Lord Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out I'm missing, five hundred girls will kill themselves.
And I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my *face*!
Hello? Cancel the state funeral, tell the king to stop blubbing, Flash is not dead! I simply ran out of juice!
And before five hundred girls all go 'oh, what's the point in living any more?' I'm talking about petrol! Woof!
Send someone along to pick me up. General Melchett's driver will do, she hangs round with a big knob so she'll be used to a fellow like me. Woof! "

Lord Flasheart:  Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George:  Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart:   Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

Lord Flashheart: She's got a tongue like an electric eel, and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils

So now equipped with a theme I needed a colour scheme the Flashheart would approve of ..... this is a start.

And progress to date. I'd previously opted for a more "standard" RFC scheme and already put on a base coat of green, even started blending and shading.
So this morning I slapped on a rough coat of white as a base for the red ........

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:29:37 AM by Queeg »

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Flashheart SE5A
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
Good! Go on! :D

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
Great choice.

Flashheart's Flying Visit - Blackadder - BBC

Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:39:00 PM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
One mustn't forget Captain Blackadder's response, "They may go uppity, up, up, up but they're still a bunch of gits!"  ;D

Nice work and great choice of colour scheme.  :)
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:05:08 AM »
Oh yes! This one could be a whiff classic!

That red scheme is pure eye-candy.

Brian da Basher