Author Topic: Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207 Mid-WWII Italian Fighter  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207 Mid-WWII Italian Fighter
« on: February 29, 2020, 05:33:03 AM »
The Aeronautica Macchi C.207 was the final new design development of Mario Castoldi’s (1888-1968) line of shapely interceptor fighters commencing with the 1937-vintage radial engine C.200. An enlarged version of the three-cannon, two machine gun-armed 1,475hp Daimler-Benz DB 605A V-12 inline-powered C.206 under construction by time of the September 8, 1943 Italian Armistice though in bomb-damaged condition the four-cannon armed C.207 also under construction though not completed was to have been powered by a 1,750hp DB 603A-1 V-12 the Regia Aeronautica Italiana beforehand attempting to obtain a production license to build DB 603s three engines purportedly having been delivered from Germany before the armistice. Following the armistice the Repubblica Sociale Italiana attempted to get license-built DB 603-powered FIAT G.56, Macchi C.207 & Reggiane Re.2006 “Serie 6” aircraft into production all efforts subsequently failing though FIAT did get the G.56 into the air under German supervision, Reggiane completing the sole Re.2006 prototype by war’s end though never flown.

Cunarmodel Macchi C.207 Compared In Size To The SUPERMODEL C.202 Serie I Kit Build:

Aeronautica Macchi In-Line Engine Fighters Collection

Left: All 1973-Vintage SUPERMODEL C.202 Kit Build Options

Middle: Maybe Future C.202 Prototype Build, SEM Models C.202D, Hasegawa C.202EC With SEM Model Cannons,
SEM Models C.204, Italian Kits Wings C.205M Hasegawa C.202 Conversion

Right: C.205V Prototype Modified SUPERMODEL Kit, SEM Model C.205N-1 & N-2, Maybe Future C.206 Build, Cunarmodel C.207
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:33:02 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207 Mid-WWII Italian Fighter
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 05:55:57 AM »
I like that simple prototype scheme which becomes elegant on this sleek bird.

Brian da Basher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 07:08:24 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 09:19:56 AM »
Lovely build on the C.207. And that is one hell of a Macchi collection that you've created there  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »
Nice! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 12:48:11 AM »
Beautiful build and collection; I'm going to have to see if I can find that MC.207 kit somewhere.

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Still For Sale...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 01:31:50 AM »
...On Italian Kits Website for €39.00, U.S. $43.01 postage extra, scroll down page to see it. Still no luck finding an RS Models Reggiane Re.2007, Italian Kits still hasn't rereleased their FIAT G.50V kit either.

SEM Models' owner Gaspar Fabrizio Catalano died last November leaving wife & three kids, website is still up but big red sign says "activity indefinitely suspended" meaning its going out of business. Some SEM Models kits are still up for sale on third-party websites, eBay has one each of the 1/72 scale C.205N-1 & N-2 kits, grab'em soon else pray another kit maker buys the molds!

Currently building a parts pieced together 1/72 scale Italeri Macchi C.202 with Italeri C.205V parts, sole Italeri C.202 kit I had was parts donor for the SEM Model C.204 build, saved the C.202 parts fortunately. Following the Italeri build three Hasegawa C.202s then two FROG C.202 "What-Ifs", likely will post builds in progress reports here on Beyond The Sprues. Following the Macchis last ten Italian aircraft subject kits got in stock will be built ending 14 years constructing every 1/72 scale "Italian" model kit could get grubby hands on, after them limited series of 1/72 scale pre & WWII Luftwaffe, 1940 Battle of France Armee de l'Air kit builds, all hopefully built by end of 2022 when am retiring from 60-plus years on-off model kit building.