Author Topic: Tu-95 Bear Ideas and Inspiration  (Read 17946 times)

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: Tu-95 Bear Ideas and Inspiration
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2020, 07:19:36 AM »
Gaaahhh... that just got me to look at the Trumpy 1/72 Bear kit I have lanquishing on the shelf.

I just removed the Contrail 1/72 TU-126 MOSS AEW model that was completed eons ago from the horrors of the roof space to be banished under the house. Nowhere else to put it these days.

Stop it..You do not have the space. Bad modeller.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »
A lot of British & Soviet stuff is like that; swap the makings around & they fit right in to the aesthetic, for some reason. :icon_surprised:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2020, 10:24:28 PM »
I have a plan to build one of my B-29/B-50 kits with swept wings and stretched a bit as a development of the Washington, only I'll put Tyne nacelles on it. I was actually thinking of using Britannia wings after seeing photos of B-29's being converted to RAF use in the big Filton hanger.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:26:59 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 03:12:09 AM »
I have a plan to build one of my B-29/B-50 kits with swept wings and stretched a bit as a development of the Washington, only I'll put Tyne nacelles on it. I was actually thinking of using Britannia wings after seeing photos of B-29's being converted to RAF use in the big Filton hanger.

Approved for parts gathering and on to production  :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:26:42 AM by finsrin »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 10:20:50 PM »

Approved for parts gathering and on to production  :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: