Author Topic: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's  (Read 139729 times)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's
« Reply #1000 on: March 24, 2024, 02:24:41 AM »
looks so clean modern and nicely camouflaged they would never take it out and get it dirty would they ?

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #1001 on: March 24, 2024, 03:15:20 AM »
looks so clean modern and nicely camouflaged they would never take it out and get it dirty would they ?

Which one are you asking about? If it is the Type-625E, that is not in production yet that I know of. I think it is just a prototype for now. The Type-19 is going into production but they are just now receiving them. The Type-19 is supposed to replace the Type-08 series (ZBL-09 and ZTL-11) but they aren't really that old. I guess as new technology is developed they are replacing them as fast as they can build them.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #1002 on: March 24, 2024, 04:12:41 AM »
I do like that NEXTER turret.  Plenty of possible vehicle candidates for a turret such as that. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #1003 on: March 25, 2024, 01:00:11 AM »
I do like that NEXTER turret.  Plenty of possible vehicle candidates for a turret such as that.

Some info on the real thing:  http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4534.html
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1004 on: March 25, 2024, 01:05:32 AM »

Some info on the real thing:  http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4534.html

Thanks for the link.

The Nexter turret is very flexible and looks good on a variety of hulls. I wish there were more turrets available like that. The Stryker Dragoon turret is another possibility but it looks a bit too bulky for my liking.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1005 on: Yesterday at 01:37:33 AM »
Spent the last three days painting the NATO camo scheme on this Dragon 1/35 M1A1HA Baghdad kit. The black primer is Krylon spray can. The masking putty is Blu-Tack. The tan parts are from Meng.

I used Tamiya NATO green, brown and black for the camo. There are some areas I need to touch up.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #1006 on: Yesterday at 08:40:24 AM »
That NATO-flage came out looking really good. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #1007 on: Yesterday at 04:42:26 PM »
Ramba's Painting Season :D

This is always good viewing! 8)

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1008 on: Yesterday at 08:13:05 PM »
That NATO-flage came out looking really good.
Thanks! Doing the three colors of the NATO camo on something as big as the M1 takes a long time to mask. I have another seven M1's to do in the NATO camo scheme and a few more HMMWV's and other vehicles so lots more masking to look forward to but the HMMWV's and other vehicles are smaller so will be easier.

Ramba's Painting Season :D

This is always good viewing! 8)

Thanks! It took three days for me to get it done. I did one color a day because of the masking. The Blu-Tack was sticking to my fingers more than the kit so it took a few hours each day just to mask. I need to do some touch ups because the putty pulled up some paint but very, very small areas. I also missed some areas because I didn't get the putty placed correctly so some areas didn't get painted correctly.

My painting season is very short this spring. The pollen is killing me and my allergies are acting up so no more painting until the pollen stops. The good thing about the Tamiya acrylics is that they are odorless so I might be able to paint in the garage until the pollen stops. There is a small window in the far corner of the garage so I should get good light in there and it can be opened so the fumes can air out. Even odorless paints still contain some Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) so you still need to have proper ventilation. I hope not a lot of pollen will come through the window though.