Author Topic: Italeri Aeronautica Macchi C.202 "Recovery Bash" With C.202 & C.205 Kit Parts  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
The FROG, Hasegawa, Italeri & SUPERMODEL Aeronautica Macchi C.202 1/72 scale injected plastic model kits of the Folgore are decades-old none of which in production though all are still available on the secondary market albeit sporadically. The 2001-vintage Italeri 1222 C.202 kit is the most recent new-tooled Folgore kit the last rerelease of it in 2013, it and the 2001-vintage Italeri 1227 Macchi C.205V are derived from common molds similar to the 1970s-vintage SUPERMODEL C.202/205 kits.

The sole Italeri C.202 kit I had in stock was used as a parts donor for building the resin SEM Model Macchi C.204, having saved unused parts from it "bashed" a C.202 from my last in-stock Italeri C.205V kit:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:57:39 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline FAAMAN

• 'bin building for years ....... and it feels it!
  • Always thought of himself as a 'straight' modeller
Excellent work, great camo as usual  8) 8) 8) 8)
"Resistance is useless, prepare to be assembled!"

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Fine detail quality and camo.  Know your way around an airbrush.  :smiley:

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
Nice work !, camo is perfect :icon_alabanza:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Beautiful, as usual!!

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Scalemates.com lists a limited range of Hobby 2000 presumed rereleased, rebranded & boxed Hasegawa 1/72 airplane model kits in the 720xx number range, 72005 Combo with Bristol Beaufighter Ic, 72006, 72007, 72008 C.202 kits supposedly available since 2019 with new decal sheets, how long they're in production is uncertain. Italeri.com lists their 1222 C.202 & 1227 C.205V kits, latter for sale directly from them former not in production. Hopefully at some point they'll reissue Kit 1222 C.202, got display case room for three more, if they don't by end of 2022 when will "permanently retire" from model kit building with one last Kit 1227 C.205V build, call it a day with Italeri Folgores unless can find "reasonably priced" one, two, three of them now till then.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:30:48 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
ISTR that Hobby 2000 does a couple different individual boxings of the MC.202, I believe I have examples of both in my stash.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Excellent work, great camo as usual  8) 8) 8) 8)

+1 8) :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Beautiful work on your kit-bashed C.202! And a nice bit of 'leftovers' recycling as well  :smiley:
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Thanks...
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 05:42:23 AM »
Beautiful work on your kit-bashed C.202! And a nice bit of 'leftovers' recycling as well  :smiley:
...Checking again on parts used realized the entire propeller assembly came from leftover Hasegawa C.202 kit parts so technically its a Hasegawa/Italeri x2 Salvaged Kits build. This could be the one & only "Italeri" C.202 build, if build any again likely will be after remaining Italian, Luftwaffe & Armee de l'Air ones - 43 not counting other "With Out Papers" & "Frenchies" need to buy meantime. The eyeballs are good insofar as visual acuity but major "floater" flare-up hit three weeks ago, most I've had in decades, ophthalmologist says they'll dissipate but nuts seeing that amoeba dart in-'n-out ala 1960s Hippie light show, charging ahead nonetheless to get everything built by end of 2022, just hope the "goalpost" doesn't grow legs meantime!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:04:21 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Looking Some Days Ahead...
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
...To two FROG Aeronautica Macchi C.202 "What If" kit builds will be doing structurally same as this "What If" done some years ago sans wing-mounted bombs:

but timeline in keeping with original 1942 Stato Maggiore Regia Aeronautica Italiana "Serie 5" Aircraft Design Specifications calling for four 12.7mm (.50 inch) machine guns, Macchi & FIAT directly responding in kind with their C.205N-1 & G.55 prototypes, retroactively applying it to late Macchi C.202 production underway at time of the September 8, 1943 Italian Armistice. A new discussion thread will be started documenting construction of these "what-ifs" following three Hasegawa C.202 kit builds currently am doing for the STORMO Magazine website.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:23:03 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Yikes ... floaters as "1960s Hippie light show"  :o

Of course, an Armée de l'Air camouflage would be that bit simpler ... hint, nudge, hint  ;)
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Yeppers...
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
Yikes ... floaters as "1960s Hippie light show"  :o

Of course, an Armée de l'Air camouflage would be that bit simpler ... hint, nudge, hint  ;)
...Just like that cheezie wobble-bubble TV one was sleepy-eyeing coming up stoke of Midnight 1969 babysitting kids at what was my best friend's old house in South Sacramento, 50 years later stroke of midnight 2019 was outside it greeting the New Year in with an illegal fireworks display 8)

Armée de l'Air builds after Luftwaffe ones latter commencing later this year; got most of the "Frenchies", including hard to get Mach 2 Amiot 351/354 (building mono & twin-tail units to be removeable), High Planes Douglas DB-7. This is the second time I'd bought both since 2010, gave first ones to Viking Hobbies Sacramento before selling late folks' house early November 2015, they along with 600+ others immediately disposed of, nowhere to store them! The "prizes" amongst the 600+ included first-issue Airfix James Bond Aston-Martin DB5, original Revell F-111 pre-release promotional still in unopened mailer box, pristine first issue HAWK San Francisco Cable Car kits. The cable car kit I'd built in 1964, loads of detailed parts, working grip mechanism, true gem up there with Revell's c.1963-vintage Allison T56 Turboprop. Atlantis Models BTW has reissued this kit complete with original box art well as number of Revell kits, including their B-36, had three of latter, gave them to Viking Hobbies as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:50:02 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Liking what I see. Nice work

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
I've never seen the ol' sand 'n spinach done better!
:smiley:
Brian da Basher

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
Looks great.  Awesome work on the camo

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Thanks For The Kudos...
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »
...The Italeri C.202 kit bash paint finish is typical of my "Italian" builds number of which were featured here on Beyond The Sprues (BTS) last year whilst the Stormo Magazine website was off-line. The aforementioned FROG Macchi C.202 "What-If" builds will also be featured on BTS - the absolute last "What-If" builds will be doing. Model kit building has been on-off thing for me since 1961, "Italians" since 1964 with the AIR LINES (FROG) C.202 kit release in tandem with PROFILE Publications No.28 Macchi C.202, apropos indeed the FROG "What-Ifs" are ending that 56-year run!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 10:05:18 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
Re: Thanks For The Kudos...
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 10:19:53 AM »
... the absolute last "What-If" builds will be doing ...

That's sad, you're so good at it, it's difficult to tell reality & fiction apart! :icon_sueno:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Sad Yes...
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
... the absolute last "What-If" builds will be doing ...

That's sad, you're so good at it, it's difficult to tell reality & fiction apart! :icon_sueno:
...Necessary yes as well given I've got dozens of other kit builds ahead. Scale modelers building beyond late 60s getting fewer as time goes on, IPMS Silverwings Sacramento,CA February 2020 show had fair number of entries from 60+ modelers though all near all judges were way older, do wonder if they're still building never mind at my 1-4 kits/month pace spending 3-5 hours near every day doing so! Right now am simultaneously building three 1/72 scale Hasegawa C.202s rounding out an eight plane collection, the FROG C.202 "What-Ifs" after them capping a seven plane one of C.202 "What-Ifs". Maintaining 1-4 pace till building everything in stock tougher with time, COVID-19 very likely won't hit me though every other viral bug has so far this year, short of getting The Black Death nutt'n gonna keep me from building every last dang kit in stock!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:08:39 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »

Offline Old Wombat

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Final Model Kit Build Will Be Another Italeri Aeronautica Macchi C.202
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 07:04:18 AM »
On November 7, 2020 I’d posted this notice of retiring from scale model building after completing the BroPlan Savoia-Marchetti SM.95 four-motor transport, CANT Z.506C Italeri Z.506B Conversion & Caproni Ca.111 vacuforms, injected-plastic Italeri Aeronautica Macchi C.202, as of December 10, 2020 Ca.111 build is currently underway, Italeri C.202 build immediately follows making it my final scale model kit build. A discussion thread will be posted regarding the C.202 build, camouflage scheme & coloration has been decided upon, i.e. that of the foreground aircraft though with camouflaged spinner as seen on some factory production well as combat aircraft:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:10:51 AM by Retired In Kalifornia »