Author Topic: What if No. 6 Group RCAF joined the Tiger Force?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Whitta

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
What if No. 6 Group RCAF joined the Tiger Force?
« on: April 17, 2021, 07:48:51 AM »
It's late 1945, and the Manhattan project has hit a few snags. The Allies are preparing to invade Japan in 1946, and the Canadian No. 6 Group is moving to the Pacific Theatre. But, they're not using Avro Lancasters! Instead, they have re-equipped with this!
LINC01 by Tony Whittingham, on Flickr

419 Squadron RCAF has received some of the first Avro Lincoln B.15's from the Victory Aircraft production line. This is the 5th one.
As a memorial to Andrew Mynarski, VC, they give the name A for Andy to the first Lincoln on the squadron, FM304
LINC03 by Tony Whittingham, on Flickr

underside view
LINC04 by Tony Whittingham, on Flickr

The model is the 1980 vintage Airfix Lancaster with a resin conversion nose and wing tips. the very early Lincolns had Martin upper turrets and FN rear turrets of the Lancaster B.7 type. That is the version I chose. Thanks for looking!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: What if No. 6 Group RCAF joined the Tiger Force?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »
Nice! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
Nice touch using VR-A Tony. Which conversion kit did you use?
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Whitta

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
Nice touch using VR-A Tony. Which conversion kit did you use?
I used bits of two conversion kits. The nose was DB conversions, engines were Paragon, as I remember.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 03:17:40 AM »
Very nice!   :D

... the very early Lincolns had Martin upper turrets and FN rear turrets of the Lancaster B.7 type. That is the version I chose. Thanks for looking!

The RW Victory-built Lincoln B.Mk.XV were to be armed with that Martin 250CE mid-upper but the FN turrets were to be replaced with Boulton Paul F in the nose and D in the tail. So, your model obviously depicts the Lincoln B.Mk.XVI  ;)  :smiley:
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz