Author Topic: Matchbox Mega Score, and more!  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Matchbox Mega Score, and more!
« on: April 01, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
If there’s one thing I love about going to hobby shops, it’s seeing some of the old stuff that’s for sale there. Most shops carry the newest and shiniest, but a lot of them also have a section for old collections that have been bought, and that’s where I love to hang out.

With all the current travel restrictions, hobby shop runs have been off the table for a while, but thankfully, a local shop came to the rescue with a buy of 1,200-odd old kits!!! Of course, my heart leapt at the prospect, and I wasn’t disappointed!

Among these time-travelers were boxes of Matchbox kits, and you know me… I do love me some Matchbox! I managed to get 20 of them that I didn’t already have, plus some other goodies! Check out this haul at the link below, and don’t forget to vote at the bottom of my page! There’s a lot to love here!

Of course, there's even some Whiffery going on in my newest lot, and with all these matchboxes, you can't tell me that something isn't going to get whiffed!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/matchbox-mega-score-march-2021/

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Matchbox Mega Score, and more!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »
What a sweet bunch of kits.  Is an adventure rummaging through older collections.  Often are surprises.  Forgot or never knew Matchbox had a Panther kit.
Congratulations on the "find".