Author Topic: Why didn't Hitler plan to invade......  (Read 3188 times)

Offline simmie

• In need of an Avatar...or one will be chosen for h
Why didn't Hitler plan to invade......
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Hi there

I was doing some reading for a what-if story line I've been working on for a while when I came upon stuff about Swedish Intelligence tapping the teleprinter line from Oslo to Berlin.  they intercepted 500,000 signals and de-ciphered 350,000 before the Germans twigged and upgraded their Siemens and Halske T52 machines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_and_Halske_T52

Anyway, I'am lying in bed when it occured to me that Hitler ordered the creation of the plan to invade Switzerland (Operation Tannenbaum) when he fell out with them.  The plan was up dated at least twice after further fall out.

Thus the question, did Hitler ever order the creation of an invasion plan against Sweden?????

If not, why not??
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:49:42 AM by simmie »
Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Why didn't Hitler plan to invade......
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »
If you do a google search on "hitler invasion of sweden". You actually get quite a few responses on this.  I would summarise but am short of time sorry.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline MaxHeadroom

• The man has built a jet Stuka, need we say more?
Re: Why didn't Hitler plan to invade......
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 12:26:34 AM »
Hi simmie, at
http://likemag.com/de/so-wollte-hitler-die-schweiz-im-2-weltkrieg-einnehmen-doch-soweit-ist-es-zum-glueck-nie-gekommen
you can find an operational plan for (Operation Tannenbaum" despite of the fact of Hitler's guarantee for neutrality from February, 23rd 1937.
But we all know the worth of Adolf's promises...!

But Switzerland was precious for Germany as a washing machine for robbed money, gold, art and so on, as a location to infiltrate alliied residents and many other useful things, an occupied Switzerland couldn't afford.
Swiss has supported a huge percentage of Nazigerman economy, very much more than Sweden, Spain and/or Portugal ever would could!

Norbert