Author Topic: Panther II - DML with some additions  (Read 4655 times)

Offline AndyJ

• Has a Martian hover tank lurking in his stash...
Panther II - DML with some additions
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:08 AM »
Another what if I was playing around with and finished a while back is kit-bash of the DML Panther II. Interesting vehicle but I wanted something a bit different to the "Panther Ausf F with different suspension" that was offered out of the box. So I sourced a new turret from Zitader, which was based on the Ausf A/G turret but with stereoscopic rangefinder and narrow mantlet. I replaced the engine deck with the Verlinden Tiger II set, which also included the radiator inserts, although I had to scratchbuild the engine access hatch. The cupola is from Cromwell Models (yes it is possible to get stuff from Gordon Brown!).

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Panther II - DML with some additions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:24:56 AM »
Nice build.  I also like the figure.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline AndyJ

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:17 AM »
She's from Aurora Model's Heer '46 range. I'm not so good with figure painting so use her for practice on occasion.

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:41:02 AM »
Nice job!  It's one of the first '46 pieces of German armor that looks practical.  Well done!

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:56 AM »
Very nice! I like the vanity markings  ;)    Also wanted to say thanks for the description of what you did to the kit...I'm not armor savvy enough to know what's what but i do know cool when i see it.
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:03 AM »
Gurlz und Panzers :)   

Nice what if paper panzer. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline AndyJ

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:49:38 PM »
Thanks guys, your comments are much appreciated.

Logan, I try to make my whifs practical, appear that they would work or be based on a sound logical progression from an existing vehicle. Anyway I'm glad that someone agrees that I have achieved that with this build at least.

Doom, it had to be done! After seeing photos of Panther AJ9 (on my to build list) I just knew that this one had to have similar markings and hell, why not? It's not as if there are any photos out there to disprove it  ;D And thanks for acknowledging my brief description on what I did with the kit, I find researching and blogging my builds as much fun as building them and if someone wants to build one like it they can have a heads up on what pitfalls to avoid.

Jeffry, Aurora have a lot of Panzer Girls and cats... lots of cats... in their product range.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:56:58 AM »
Excellent additions. It's amazing what a visual difference that cupola and narrowed mantle make  :)
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »
Wow that's a real showcase of your immense talent, Andy!

That Fritzy is easy on the eyes too!

Brian da Basher