Author Topic: 1/35 Post Apoc figures  (Read 37813 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: 1/35 Post Apoc figures
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2022, 09:39:21 AM »
Getting all excited over this dio. The collection of bits and bobs has some similarity to a stash I have been gathering.

Yes, folding boxes is not high on the list of things that give immense joy.

Love this idea.. although the concurrent image in my head was the scene out of A Fish Called Wanda with the Roller and Otto in the concrete

Thanks! I saw A Fish Called Wanda many years ago and totally forgot about the roller scene. I will have to revisit that movie one day.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your dio.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2022, 09:57:03 AM »
I'm currently going through the "Resident Evil" series of movies (watched the first 4, so far) & I find it amusing that I've seen all of those zombies above (plus several others that are available in styrene/resin) in the films, literally. So, I'm guessing they got a lot of their "masters" from screen shots from these movies.

The total number of diorama ideas I have floating around in my head is both HUGE & frightening! :o

However, there are only about a dozen post-apocalyptic dioramas in there (some of them are pretty big, though); about 4 are Zombie Apocalypse ideas; there are another 2 or 3 Alien Invasion Apocalypse ideas; a couple of Post-Nuclear Apocalypses; a couple of non-zombie Biohazard Apocalypses, & a couple of Random Apocalypses.

So, apart from appreciating what you're putting together, I'm stealing ideas from your builds to evolve my own. ;D

;)

I have seen most if not all of the Resident Evil movies but don't have a keen eye as yours to recognize the zombie figures being the same from the movies. I will definitely have to watch the movies again and look out for them.

Steal away! I like to see what others do with similar items so I can get ideas myself  ;D. You sure have some great ideas listed and I also have some of the same ideas as you. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with your dioramas.

I have an alien invasion type diorama planned as well. I have a YuFan 1/32 futuristic soldier that I plan to use with the Maim 1/35 Infantry Hunter Liesel and a few Ant Miniatures 1/35 Russian soldiers.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2022, 12:41:54 PM »
I have these two as part of my 1st Alien Invasion dio;

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/sci-fi-educational-toys-greenstrawberry-gsy-135016-1:35-science-fiction-r-u-r-scout-sniper-full-resin-kit-w-pe

They'll be accompanied by a couple of (mostly) Live Resin figures & a modified AFV.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2022, 10:08:42 PM »
I have these two as part of my 1st Alien Invasion dio;

They'll be accompanied by a couple of (mostly) Live Resin figures & a modified AFV.

Those robot snipers are awesome! BNA has been out of stock for a long time though. Some places in Europe still have some in stock but way too expensive for me. Can't wait to see the dio you put them on.

I have these figures I am going to use on a dio with the Bandai Gundam Ball RB 79 that I converted as an autonomous hunter/killer mech. I also have the Dioramas Plus Stone Ruins that will be used on the dio. The dio will be a futuristic war scene.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2022, 12:22:00 AM »
Can't wait! :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2022, 05:33:54 AM »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2022, 05:37:04 AM »
Thanks to Frank3k for sending me the files to print the TP boxes. My color printer died but I have a laser printer that only prints black so Frank sent me the TP box outlines and I cut up a paper bag and printed the TP boxes on that.

Here are the results.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2022, 08:16:49 AM »
Wow, they came out better than mine! Using a brown paper bag is a great idea!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2022, 01:57:45 PM »
I might ... No, I will need you to send me that file, too, Frank*. 8)

[*: If you're willing to do so, obviously.]

Offline Ramba

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2022, 10:01:45 PM »
Got a couple 1/35 comic characters. One Marvel and one DC. Not post apoc figures but I didn't want to start a new thread so posted them here.

First up is the Hulk. The product image says 75mm but the one I got is in 1/35.

It comes with the arms, feet, head, upper and lower body separate.

The parts are very detailed.

The right arm didn't fit and left a huge gap at the back.

I had to trim off some of the lower part of the arm that touches the leg. Fits much better now but still a significant gap that will need careful filling so as not to lose any detail.

Next up is Superman.

Again, the parts are separate including the upper and lower body.

The parts fit is pretty good. There is a slight gap at the waist and will also need extremely careful filling. The cape is only dry fitted.

Superman next to an Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker. Superman is on his tippy toes so is taller but he looks a bit scrawny compared to the Stalker but then again, Superman is wearing a very tight form fitting outfit while the Stalker is wearing heavy winter clothing.

Superman with The Hulk.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:05:10 PM by Ramba »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2022, 09:24:40 AM »
Superman in the CAD rendering looks like Bruce Campbell, no?

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
That Hulk figures facial expression reminds me of the character "Hannover Fist" from the first "Heavy Metal" animated movie. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2022, 08:15:05 PM »
Superman in the CAD rendering looks like Bruce Campbell, no?

Maybe when he was a lot younger  8)

Offline Ramba

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2022, 08:21:12 PM »
That Hulk figures facial expression reminds me of the character "Hannover Fist" from the first "Heavy Metal" animated movie.

Never seen the Heavy Metal movie so don't know. I did just look it up though and maybe looks somewhat similar.

Here they are juxtaposed.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »
So, the 1/35 Superman and Hulk figures seem quite small for 1/35.

Here are both the 1/35 Superman and Hulk figures posed with a Live Resin 1/35 figure. I had a conversation with Yaroslav from Live Resin a few years ago and he said that this particular figure is actually more 1/32 than 1/35 so maybe not a great comparison but either way, both the Superman and Hulk figures seem rather small for 1/35.

Here are the same 1/35 figures posed with an Italeri 1/35 HMMWV.

Here is the Hulk next to a person and a HMMWV from the 2008 movie and mine posed from a similar angle. The Hulk figure is a different pose though but still clearly smaller that it should be for 1/35.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:31:55 PM by Ramba »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2022, 09:47:30 PM »
If they're Yufan figures (which some of the watermarks seem to indicate) then their concept of "scale" can be a bit dodgy at the best of times. :-\

However, the Superman figure doesn't look too bad (if you measure the height of the figure from the front of his right heel to the top of his head & multiply it by 35, you should get a good idea of his "real" height). :smiley:

Hulk is definitely under-scale, unless you do him mid-transformation & add some bits of shredded shirt coming off him. ;)

PS: Also, although they're advertising them as 1/35, they're also advertising them as 75mm but, if they're 75mm Scale then they are w-a-a-a-y under-scale!

Quote from: Fine Scale Modeler
Scale figures are often denoted by millimeter (mm) scale that developed from miniature wargames. Don’t be alarmed when you run across a figure labeled 54mm or 75mm. This ostensibly refers to the height of the figure (from the top of the head to the feet). To figure out the approximate fractional scale of a figure, divide 1,829mm (roughly 6 feet) by the figure’s millimeter scale. A 54mm figure roughly equates to 1/35 scale (actually 1/34), but could be used for 1/32 scale, too. A 25mm figure passes as 1/72 scale.
https://finescale.com/how-to/online-extras/2021/04/understanding-model-scale
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:55:32 PM by Old Wombat »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2022, 08:32:45 PM »
If they're Yufan figures (which some of the watermarks seem to indicate) then their concept of "scale" can be a bit dodgy at the best of times. :-\

However, the Superman figure doesn't look too bad (if you measure the height of the figure from the front of his right heel to the top of his head & multiply it by 35, you should get a good idea of his "real" height). :smiley:

Hulk is definitely under-scale, unless you do him mid-transformation & add some bits of shredded shirt coming off him. ;)

PS: Also, although they're advertising them as 1/35, they're also advertising them as 75mm but, if they're 75mm Scale then they are w-a-a-a-y under-scale!

Quote from: Fine Scale Modeler
Scale figures are often denoted by millimeter (mm) scale that developed from miniature wargames. Don’t be alarmed when you run across a figure labeled 54mm or 75mm. This ostensibly refers to the height of the figure (from the top of the head to the feet). To figure out the approximate fractional scale of a figure, divide 1,829mm (roughly 6 feet) by the figure’s millimeter scale. A 54mm figure roughly equates to 1/35 scale (actually 1/34), but could be used for 1/32 scale, too. A 25mm figure passes as 1/72 scale.

https://finescale.com/how-to/online-extras/2021/04/understanding-model-scale

Yes, they are Yufan. They advertised them as 1/35 even though the product image says 75mm. They used the same product image to advertise them as both 1/35 and 75mmm as shown on the Superman product image.

I have some other Yufan original figures and they are smaller than 1/35 so it is not a surprise the Superman and Hulk are undersized. The other undersized 1/35 Yufan original figures I have I thought they were just trying to represent different sized people though.

This is one of the Yufan 1/35 figures that I have and it is quite small. Again, it says 75mm (1/24) but they sometimes use the same product images for different scales without changing the info on the images.

Here it is with the Yufan 1/35 Superman and Hulk which are undersized for 1/35. I think they are probably 1/40 scale.

Here is that Yufan 1/35 figure posed next to a Tahk and Evolution Miniatures 1/35 figures. Noticeable size difference.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2022, 07:42:52 PM »
Got this 1/24 Superman as well.

It's a pretty realistic sculpture of Henry Cavill. Looks really good. The head is only dry fitted but fits perfectly. The cape is also dry fitted. There is a slight gap on the waist area that you can see in the second photo. It will need careful filling.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:49:59 PM by Ramba »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2022, 12:32:27 AM »
Damn, that is good! :smiley:

(Except they got the part on the wrong side. ;))

Offline Ramba

« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2022, 04:30:15 AM »
Damn, that is good! :smiley:

(Except they got the part on the wrong side. ;))

Found some other images of Henry Cavill. Looks like he parts it on both sides. I guess he parts it depending on which side of the bed he gets up on  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ramba

« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2022, 08:08:18 PM »
Next one up is a 1/24 Batman. He has some type of armored suit. No cape with this figure.

It has really great detail. He is leaning forward a bit because it is supposed to be on a base with the left leg on a slightly raised platform.

Here it is on the base.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2022, 09:57:33 PM »
Looks like Batman after excessive Steroid use. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2022, 10:39:03 PM »
Bat Power Armour! 8)

I'd love to be able to source this in Fallout 4, or New Vegas, or ... Gotham (?   ???). ;D

Wonder if they're going to get "Cease & Desist"s from both Marvel & DC? Their track record would indicate that Yufan don't have licences for these products. ;)

However, they are Chinese & China doesn't seem to have much chop with foreign copyrights/patents, so they probably wouldn't care if they did. ::)

Offline Ramba

« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2022, 12:11:42 AM »
Looks like Batman after excessive Steroid use.

The Bane Batman or the Hulk Batman. The figure is shown with some type of armored suit so he looks bulky.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2022, 12:17:52 AM »
Bat Power Armour! 8)

I'd love to be able to source this in Fallout 4, or New Vegas, or ... Gotham (?   ???). ;D

Wonder if they're going to get "Cease & Desist"s from both Marvel & DC? Their track record would indicate that Yufan don't have licences for these products. ;)

However, they are Chinese & China doesn't seem to have much chop with foreign copyrights/patents, so they probably wouldn't care if they did. ::)

What a coincidence! I just had a conversation about the licensing of certain products yesterday with a lawyer. There are 3D downloads that have Creative Common Licenses that you can either pay for or are free. He said that some are for personal use only and some are for commercial use. He said you should at least give give CC attribution to the original artist though.

I am not sure what Yufan does but I am guessing they are taking advantage of the Creative Common Licenses.

This is an explanation of Creative Common Licenses.
A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted "work". A CC license is used when an author wants to give other people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that the author has created.