Modelling > 2019 Clear your workbench GB

1/72 Mitsubishi Zero

(1/3) > >>

Some Duck with an Ultimax:
Well, I’ll throw my hat into the ring first....

I have a Mitsubishi Zero in 1/72 from the Airfix Pearl Harbour anniversary set lying around. I keep the set at my grandparents’ house to give me something to do in the evenings while I’m here. About 6 months ago, while I was putting the decals on, the left-wing upper hinomaru tore, and I put it away to cry in rage. Then, the next morning, I burnt myself on the edge of the porridge pan, lept backwards, and... knocked it off the shelf. I put in a box and cried some more, and only now have I returned to it. I didn’t take any photos of it in broken state, but the engine, cowling, propeller and tail all snapped off. My plan for it is to make a battle-damaged aircraft and use weathering and bullet holes to cover the lack of the hinomaru. I’ll upload a picture later today.

Here’s where I’ve got it up to today. I drilled some holes in it with my pin vice and glued it all back together.

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade
Work on this will be even slower than I usually am since it’s at my grandparents’ house and I won’t be there all the time.

Next step is to weather the areas around the holes and then to add the remaining decals. Actually I’ll probably do that the other way around.

Old Wombat:
Good idea! :smiley:

& another good idea;

--- Quote from: Some Duck with an Ultimax on February 18, 2019, 06:27:03 AM ---Actually I’ll probably do that the other way around.

--- End quote ---

Have you thought about making a diorama of it sitting in a jungle somewhere, half hidden in overgrowth? ???

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on February 18, 2019, 09:13:43 AM ---Have you thought about making a diorama of it sitting in a jungle somewhere, half hidden in overgrowth? ???

--- End quote ---

I have indeed. My other thought is to build the P-40 which came in the same set and mount them both on a stand together, but we’ll see how it goes. The problem with making a diorama base is that I keep all my diorama-making bits and bobs at my parents’ house (where I live) and the plane is at my grandparents’.

finsrin:
Its ruff times is blessing in disguise.  Well on your way to adding character to build.  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version