Author Topic: Chicka-deecals  (Read 12154 times)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: Chicka-deecals
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:22 AM »
I've since done a bit more digging, Santa Fe Skyways operated three DC-3/C-47 aircraft and four DC-4/C-54 aircraft.  More information as I get/find it.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
Some "what if" decals for BAC Concorde in 1/144 scale

Pan Am
Virgin
Quantas
Air New Zealand
Braniff
Air Canada

You get the picture.

I know there are some sets available at around $20 US which is acceptable but they are charging extortionate prices to ship to EU at around $20 - 30 US for something that can be slipped into a reinforced envelope and posted.

Anyway just a thought

Mog
>^-.-^<

This is something that I am interested, Mog, thank you for your suggestion.

There are a lot of excellent suggestions here, please, keep them coming in. At present I'm mainly looking at aircraft, just to get started, but there is potential to move into other areas too.

I really appreciate your support and encouragement.

Regards
Karen

Timing is everything. Found on Facebook this morning:

And Instagram:

Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33:36 PM »
Whoa!

Nice find Mr Gimper !  :smiley: :smiley:

This is exactly what I was banging on about

Mog
>^-.-^<

Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Chickadee

• More of a nerd than I care to admit
    • Karen McAllister
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »
I've since done a bit more digging, Santa Fe Skyways operated three DC-3/C-47 aircraft and four DC-4/C-54 aircraft.  More information as I get/find it.

Thank you!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 04:18:19 AM »
Something different:  maybe offer a set providing the various historical US roundels:  http://wwiisquadronpatches.com/NationalInsigniaHistoryUSAircraft.html
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 05:38:49 AM »
Something different:  maybe offer a set providing the various historical US roundels:  http://wwiisquadronpatches.com/NationalInsigniaHistoryUSAircraft.html

I'd be up for those! Especially in the "gentleman's scale".

Brian da Basher

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 06:31:18 AM »
Some "what if" decals for BAC Concorde in 1/144 scale

Pan Am
Virgin
Quantas
Air New Zealand
Braniff
Air Canada

You get the picture.

I know there are some sets available at around $20 US which is acceptable but they are charging extortionate prices to ship to EU at around $20 - 30 US for something that can be slipped into a reinforced envelope and posted.

Anyway just a thought

Mog
>^-.-^<

This is something that I am interested, Mog, thank you for your suggestion.

There are a lot of excellent suggestions here, please, keep them coming in. At present I'm mainly looking at aircraft, just to get started, but there is potential to move into other areas too.

I really appreciate your support and encouragement.

Regards
Karen

Also on the Concorde theme, how about some for the proposed RAF bomber variant

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »

I Like the low vis stars and bars and any other WWII items ie tail markings. 

TIA
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 07:19:59 AM »
Google "Santa Fe Skyway" for what images are there (a lot of separating the wheat from the chaff).  I'll send what I've managed to find (including a couple of a model done of it).  I'm ordering a copy of the ATSF Historical Society's magazine with articles on the short-lived operation (only a few years 'til the ICC shut them down) and on modeling their aircraft.  Apparently the Southern Pacific in California tried a passenger airline and that has potential for some whif possibilities
Well, it seems that decals for Santa Fe Skyways already exist from Vintage Flyer Decals.  Interesting whif would be to extend the concept beyond the DC-3/C-47 and DC-4/C-54 to other aircraft they might have operated if they had continued.  Beyond that, there are several whif possibilities for airline affiliates of other railroads if you're interested.

On a second look-thru, Vintage Flyer does one of three C-47s and one of four C-54s; it should be possible to do decal sets for the remaining aircraft.  One set for the C-47s and another for the C-54s with the decals set up so one complete aircraft can be made but with the necessary differentiators (name, NC number) for all the ones VF does not cover.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:16:10 AM by elmayerle »

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:29 PM »
This may be a bit too niche but some alternative  decals for the p-63 Kingcobra would be nice, particularly the Pinball target aircraft

EDIT: this is for 1/72 scale they are already available in 1/48 scale.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 03:07:39 PM by Robomog »
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Inactive

• Holding Pattern
Saw This Six-Minutes Past Midnight
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »
1/72 Scale Requests:
  • Regia Aeronautica Italia (RAI) & Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana Standard Insignia Markings (SKY & Tauro Model Decal Sets are getting harder to come by)
  • Minor Axis Air Forces Standard Insignia Markings (They're also getting harder to come by)
  • Pre & WWII Armée de l'Air Française Standard Insignia With Aircraft Type & Data Rudder Markings (They're seeming always hard to come by!)
  • Heinkel 219 Standard Insignia WITH Swastikas, Aircraft Data Details, Unit Markings (Would be nice to have them as "All On One Or Two" decal sheets)
They're others but these I'd like to have over the next few years will be modeling. WWII Armée de l'Air Française Unit Markings are harder-times-five to come by for all aircraft types particularly the Amiot 143, would be nice if they were available over the next few years so could build a limited collection of Battle Of France subjects. It also be nice if where decal sheets for the Belgian, Dutch & Norwegian air forces well as those of the Baltic States before & when they were invaded during WWII, Profile Publications monographs in particular were good about depicting them. I'd also be game for decals of former Vichy Air Force aircraft in service with other Axis powers RAI Dewoitine 520s in particular, would like to build at least one model in RAI livery.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:00:31 PM by Retired In Kalifornia »