Modelling > W.W.III-Between the years of 1946-1955 GB

W.W.III-Between the years of 1946-1955 GB

(1/5) > >>

GTX_Admin:

Volkodav:
Forgive me for not paying attention, this is a new global war that breaks out in 1946 as opposed to WWII lasting longer, is it assuming a conflict between the victorious allies or rather WWII ended earlier with an armistice that subsequently broke down? 

Alternatively is it a realignment of allies following some major upheaval, i.e. Italy changed sides and it is conceivable that a successful assassination of Hitler, in one of the numerous 1943 attempts, could have seen Germany sue for peace but possibly Stalin refuses and continues to prosecute a war against a broken Germany in an attempt to annex much of Europe before the Western Allies could respond.  Then again Patton bragged that his 3rd army could drive the British back to Dunkirk, a highly impossible, somewhat ridiculous falling out and war between the UK and US or Europe and US?  Actually a friend of mine, and accomplished amateur historian, told me that many European colonial powers believed some US actions during the war were aimed at weakening and disbanding the old empires in Asia and replacing them with a US dominated pan-Pacific trading block, such feelings, justified or not could lead to war.

Another thought is the Soviet Union could prosecute there belated war with Japan attempting to seize the whole of Japan and former Japanese territories, from under the Americans noses, i.e. invading before the occupation forces have secured the Home Islands.  The Soviets assuming the Western Allies wouldn't fight but got it wrong and they did.

GTX_Admin:
Wait for the rules...

ysi_maniac:

--- Quote from: Volkodav on July 26, 2015, 07:50:39 PM ---... this is a new global war that breaks out in 1946 as opposed to WWII lasting longer ...

--- End quote ---

Hi Volkodav, my intention is not limiting much the scope. So, only this statement will be included in rules. Which is evident because a WWII lasting longer would be WWII GB rather than WWIII 8) hehehe!

Anyway your contribution will be more than wellcome. :)

Spey Phantom:
i have some idea as what to build for the GB, but unfortunatly i will have to pass on participation  :(
reason is that im moving out and with all the packing and hastle with moving, im gonna have very little time to build anything within the GB timeframe  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version