Author Topic: Talespin - Baloo's Conwing L-16 "Sea Duck"  (Read 9771 times)

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Talespin - Baloo's Conwing L-16 "Sea Duck"
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
Well, it was a lot of work and we did our best to keep it a secret, but Talos and I managed to get it done in time. We haven't finished a new airframe since the V-507, so we're definitely proud of this one. As always, click on the image below to see the picture at 100% or view it at my DeviantArt page.

For anyone unfamiliar with the subject of this profile, click on the link below to watch the show intro.

TaleSpin Intro Theme

The subject itself is the Conwing L-16 "Sea Duck", Baloo's personal aircraft from the 1990s Disney TV Series "TaleSpin". In the two hour pilot episode, Baloo is introduced as the owner/operator of "Baloo's Air Service" and of the Sea Duck, itself. By the end of the episode, Rebecca "Becky" Cunningham purchases both the business—which she renames "Higher for Hire"—and the Sea Duck itself. She does, however, keep Baloo on as the Sea Duck's pilot, and he continues to consider the Sea Duck "his" airplane, regardless of who happens to be in possession of the aircraft's title.

Both Talos and I loved Talespin growing up, and the Emmy Award-winning show remains as entertaining today as it was 25 years ago.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
Re: Talespin - Baloo's Conwing L-16 "Sea Duck"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:50:42 PM »
And here's a detail shot that shows you the great work that Talos did on the cockpit.

And the original:

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »
And, as I am wont to do, here's a post showing the evolution of the profile from lines to completion. You can see that partway through this process, Talos and I shortened the booms and we think it looks better with the new, shorter booms. Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

Cheers,

Logan

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »
beautiful, thank you!  :)

Offline Artoor_K

• On the run from Polish Rivet Counters...
  • Use the power of your dreams!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »
That's definitely NEEDS to be built someday :) Great profile :)
Sickening, weakening
Don't let another somber pariah consume your soul
You need strengthening, toughening
It takes a bit of dark to rekindle the fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you