Author Topic: Antarki Models Perú  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Antarki Models Perú
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »
Antarki Models Perú is a company based in Lima- Perú and formed by a group of enthusiasts driven by the will to offer fellow modellers and aviation aficionados unique and accurate models, after market products as well as reference material.
Currently just a FaceBook page available, hopefully an actual web page will be available at a later date. 

Michael Benolkin has uploaded a quick product preview of the Antarki Models JL-100 Rocket and Fuel Pod in 1:48th and 1:72nd scale to CyberModeler. 

Click on html above or thumbnail below to view. 

This rather unique rocket launcher and fuel tank combination is one of those things that can really make your next modeling project more interesting.  I had some knowledge of what aircraft had used this combination weapon and fuel store but it turns out this contraption was also carried by one version of the English Electric Lightning on the over-wing stores pylons.  Never too old to learn something new :)

Definitely an interesting device and now I wonder what other possible aircraft could possibly benefit from carrying the JL-100? 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:46:14 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Antarki Models Perú
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
Hmmm...a pair of these on a F-106 perhaps.  Have them fitted with air-to-air rockets.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
A F-104 might be another candidate.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »
There are very poor examples of this in the Airfix Mirage IIIC (2X) and Matchbox Jaguar S (1X).

I wonder how these would do in place of the outboard underwing tanks on the F-4?  Hmm, an Armee de l'Air F-4 with ATAR 9Ks replacing the J79s and these on the outboard pulons?  Add a TER of MATRA pods on each inboard pylon and a fuel tank on the centerline and you'd have a nice A2G loadout.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:59:04 AM by elmayerle »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »
I could see them being quite handy for any would-be helicopter gunship

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:31:17 AM »
A F-104 might be another candidate.

Oh yeah!  :) On both the wingtips and the wing pylons!
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:43:35 AM »
I could see them being quite handy for any would-be helicopter gunship
I don't know if the Black Hawk ESSS could handle them, but two or four of them with a transplanted TAD/PNVS for an Apache could make for quite an AH-60.  I wonder if the guidance packages now developed for the Hydra 70 rockets could be fitted to these?

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »
I emailed them and asked, apparently they have 1/48 and 1/72 RPK-10 combined fuel tank/bomb racks in the works.  I keep thinking of those carrying LGBs on a Phantom's outboard hardpoints with a designator pod replacing one of the forward Sparrows.  You really want to "reach out and touch", AS-30L's on the inboard hardpoints with a 600-gal tank on the centerline.  Your choice of IRAAMs or something of equivalent mass (ARM variant of R.550 perhaps?) on the inboard pylon Sidewinder rails.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:57 PM »
I had some knowledge of what aircraft had used this combination weapon and fuel store but it turns out this contraption was also carried by one version of the English Electric Lightning on the over-wing stores pylons.  Never too old to learn something new :)

Weird you would post this just now Jeff, in the latest Air-Britain Aviation World quarterly (which I only picked up from the post office last night), there's a photo of Lightning F.53, G-AXEE, at the Paris Airshow in 1969. It has a pair of these pods/tanks over each wing plus a pair of regular rocket pods hanging off the under wing pylons. It was for the Kuwait Air Force

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EE_Lightning_F.53_418_G-AXEE_Kuw_LEB_07.06.69_edited-5.jpg
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:32:37 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 10:59:23 PM »
Which reminds me, anyone have good details on the double-JL-100 mount used here?  The pylon looks to be the same as used for the large drop tanks, but the double-rack could use further detail inofrmation.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 04:42:41 AM »
Antarki are working on a 1/48 A-17/A-17A & 8A series with Special Hobby: Images

The fixed undercarriage A-17 could be tasty...maybe with torpedo added  ;)