Author Topic: BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile  (Read 4829 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any kits available of the BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile system?

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
Re: BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
I haven't seen one, but maybe you could scratchbuild one for the loadbed of a HEMTT truck?

Tell you what though: I misread the title of your piece, and therefore expected to see an article about a ground launched, cruise missile version of the Bf109G... ;D

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 02:18:34 AM »

Tell you what though: I misread the title of your piece, and therefore expected to see an article about a ground launched, cruise missile version of the Bf109G... ;D

Hmmm....now there's an idea...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:20:54 AM »
No company so far has produced a model of the vehicles used with the BGM-109 'Griffon' SSM system based on the Tomahawk cruise missile.  There are a couple of scale models of the cruise missile shape in 1:144th and 1:72nd scale that I am aware of.  There may have been a 1:32nd scale Tomahawk cruise missile also produced but memory is a bit fuzzy on that one. 

The prime mover was a MAN truck btw. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:14:55 AM »
Roskopf did something very similar in 1:87th scale at one time, may have been re-released by Roco.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:40 AM »
Just a thought, GLCMs with anti-ship sensors and warheads for costal defence.  They could make life "interesting" for an approaching hostile fleet, even after a severe attack on the country.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
Would the launcher fit under the shell of a 40' shipping container? A stealth GLCM launcher

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »
Would the launcher fit under the shell of a 40' shipping container? A stealth GLCM launcher
Put such on a small container ship and you'd have a latter-day Q-ship for dealing with raiders in the South China Sea and off the Horn...

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
Put such on a small container ship and you'd have a latter-day Q-ship for dealing with raiders in the South China Sea and off the Horn...

Or dress the while thing up like a semi trailer parked in a yard some where......

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
Also, I don't know if they still do, but Fiddler's Green used to have a card-model of the TEL and tractor that you might be able to use as a start-point for designing a scratchbuild from sheet-stock. (PRE_POST EDIT: They do! http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/Cruise-Missile.html )

Heck, Conex wrapper you could have dedicated missile trains rolling around Europe disguised as regular freight... and a Container Q-ship so armed might be able to not just handle pirates but their bases too.