Author Topic: Wargames Factory  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Wargames Factory
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »
Wargames Factory has a number of interesting gaming figure sets and accessories that are in an odd 1:56 scale or 28mm but there may be something useful for someone that is not following the instructions for their next model project. 

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
Re: Wargames Factory
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »
I haven't looked at the Wargames Factory site in a long time. It looks like the quality and proportions of the figures have improved quite a bit and I see a lot of stuff I could probably find a use for. Certainly looks nicer than some of the older Games Workshop 40K figures of which I still have a metric crap-ton  lying around.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
If they were 1/35th & better proportioned (especially the zombies), I'd be interested. ???

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:55:03 AM »
I haven't looked at the Wargames Factory site in a long time. It looks like the quality and proportions of the figures have improved quite a bit and I see a lot of stuff I could probably find a use for. Certainly looks nicer than some of the older Games Workshop 40K figures of which I still have a metric crap-ton  lying around.

Most of the game pieces were of no interest to me but the product line under DreamForge Games and the mechanical mules included in the Eisenkern Stormtrooper Accessory Set and the weapons included in the Eisenkern Stormtrooper Support Weapons Set apprear to have some potential. 

Some of the individual weapons seem a bit over-sized so they might work on a 1:48th scale figure and other personal equipment has no real size limitation save for the visible details. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:57:43 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »
Most of the game pieces were of no interest to me but the product line under DreamForge Games and the mechanical mules included in the Eisenkern Stormtrooper Accessory Set and the weapons included in the Eisenkern Stormtrooper Support Weapons Set apprear to have some potential. 

Some of the individual weapons seem a bit over-sized so they might work on a 1:48th scale figure and other personal equipment has no real size limitation save for the visible details.

The Eisenkern are very cool although I think I'd probably scrape off some of the more "Germanic" details and replace the heads with something like the System heads from Pig Iron.

On the other hand, some of the post apoc survivors definitely had me feeling inspired. There are several that are obvious homages to movie characters but the one that got me was the *ahem* "curvy" gal wielding the RPG. Apocalypse Survivors-Women. That's just begging for a small diorama of some kind! ;D

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »
like the chainsaw & golfing gals :) ...  Some of the men look recognisable - Jack Nicholson, M.I.B. & another guy too.

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:10 PM »
I've found their figures very handy - here's an example:

as part of a game I made for the Applebee family to play at xmas a couple of years ago.

Wargames Factory figure sets also come in handy for 1/48 projects where the 1/56 scale is awfully close.

More can be seen here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200160842486042.197125.1300634609&type=1&l=958986d5fe