Author Topic: Revell  (Read 125627 times)

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
Re: Revell
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
The solid box houses the coaxial 5.56mm (what were they thinking?) MG4 and doesn't move independently.

Interesting that they decided to stick with the MG4 on the production vehicle. Seems a bit under-gunned for a co-ax.

<snip>- it looks comparable in size to a MBT like the Leo II or an M1.
Right about that.  There is a test vehicle rocking a Leopard 1 turret and it looks right at home on the Puma hull. 
Damn, I wish I could find the photos I have of that model. Basically yes, it's a Leo 1A5 turret on a modified Puma hull. I think it was proposed as a fire support vehicle in panzer grenadier units but it's hard to gauge how practical or necessary such a vehicle would really be. Now that there's a Puma in 1/35 scale and the Italeri Leo 1A5 is still around, it would make a cool model though.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
Right about that.  There is a test vehicle rocking a Leopard 1 turret and it looks right at home on the Puma hull.

Are you thinking about the TAM?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »
Are you thinking about the TAM?

Quite sure that it was the Puma with the Leopard 1 turret.  The image was not large but it was of sufficient size to readily identify the vehicle as not being a cousin of the Marder [TAM].  Of course looking specifically for that image has resulted in no joy for my search results now.  :(
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 01:50:29 AM »
Are you thinking of THIS ONE, Jeff?
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2013, 07:08:00 AM »
Are you thinking of THIS ONE, Jeff?

No, that was not what I recall seeing in the one image I had found.  Perhaps it was a photoshop effort that I was looking at and not a real vehicle.  Some folks are clever enough with PS to make up things that can pass muster on first glance but usually closer inspection will show it to be image manipulation.  I am usually pretty good at spotting the bogus things but every once in a while someone gets the better of me and perhaps this was the case.  BTW, that is the first time I have seen the images in the link you shared and I thought I was looking at an M109/M108 hull for a moment with a Leopard 1 turret strapped on top.  :)

Sure hope I can find that image again as it is starting to bug me that I have not been able to locate the link again. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:16 AM »
No, that was not what I recall seeing in the one image I had found. <...>
Sure hope I can find that image again as it is starting to bug me that I have not been able to locate the link again.

Okay. How about this one? Our very own Greg posted this in a thread on whatifmodelers.

<...>
Interesting that they decided to stick with the MG4 on the production vehicle. Seems a bit under-gunned for a co-ax.

My thoughts exactly. The official reasoning is that using an MG4 instead of an MG3 would eliminate one type of ammunition on the vehicle, as the infantry platoons are to loose their MG3 in favour of two MG4s (two MG4 users instead of an MG 3 operator plus a loader). SAWs instead of an LMG. I find it interesting that most (if not all) countries that introduced SAWs still keep their LMGs. Germany, again late to the party, is set to repeat the same mistakes other countries made.
My prediction is that they will install an MG3 in the future. Or, more likely, whatever HK will come up with in terms of a new LMG (HK121, probably). But, hey, at least our arms industry will be happy.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
Break:
Revell's news for the second thru fourth quarter 2013 have been posted on dpmv.de. LINK The first quarter had been posted previously. LINK

Neue Form - new tooling
Überarbeitete Form - conversion from an existing tooling
Wiederauflage - repop

Some nice stuff.  :) Looking forward to the new 1/72 JAS-39C Gripen. That is sorely needed. Also great to see the 1/144 CH-53G back.
A new 1/48 Tornado IDS.  :icon_surprised: Interesting choice.

Cheers,
Moritz

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
a new Hudson in 72nd would be welcome.  Hope those aircraft don't come with Red BS decals tho :icon_crap:

looking forward to seeing the "bigger digger" again -- great parts supplier for Land-Whifs  :-* :-*

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »
Oh man, they're re-issuing the 1/530 Essex kit!!!!  :o  Can't wait!!!

A 1/144 CH-53 huh?  SWEET  8)  All of those WWII 1/144 prop jobs are looking mighty fine as well.  I love Revell's 1/144 airplanes.  Wonder WHOSE kits they are since they say "repop"; Crown/Minicraft I'll assume?

This is going to be a good year, thanks Revell!

"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »
Oh man, they're re-issuing the 1/530 Essex kit!!!!  :o  Can't wait!!!

Remember that.  Great kit !  Wonder what the airgroup will be ?
Since I build 1/72.  How about that or Revell Forestal class kits becoming 1/72 mini carriers operating up-engined navalised BD5J fighters  ???
Revision:
Would need three (4?) Forestal/Saratoga kits.  Cutting and fitting to build a stretch for a decent BD5J carrier.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:17:50 PM by finsrin »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
a new Hudson in 72nd would be welcome.  Hope those aircraft don't come with Red BS decals tho :icon_crap: <...>

The Hudson is from MPM moulds and the Flying Bulls aircraft will come in those colours. Revell probably even had to dish out real money in terms of licensing fees to release them this way.  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »
Revell Germany 1:35th scale Dingo 2A2 4X4 WAPC (Kit number 03233) to be available for public consumption sometime in October 2013.   

Click for larger image.

(Image source: Deutscher Plastik-Modellbau-Verband e.V. (DPMV))

Revell Germany 2013 kit list uploaded to Modellversium.de showing what is to be released (without images interfering your search).  Data provided in the following format for each kit:

Kit number
Scale
Price in Euro (€)
Anticipated date of release
Status - New kit or a reissue. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:47:46 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53:06 AM »
And sadly, no 1/35 Fennek.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:01:22 AM by Frank3k »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 02:59:21 AM »

I feel your sorrow  :icon_sueno:

We can only keep hoping that the corporate flying monkey responsible for making these production decisions will realize their mistake and correct it. 

Offline Gingie

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
Re-popping the 72nd Voodoo will make a few folks happy. That thing has been selling north of $40 on ebay.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 10:44:35 AM »
Re-popping the 72nd Voodoo will make a few folks happy. That thing has been selling north of $40 on ebay.

Praise the Gods of Styrene for this one. I have one in the stash but yes, they have been way over priced for the last few years.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »

I guess a 1/35 Fennek is only a matter of time. Maybe 2014? It's the one major contemporary Heer vehicle they haven't done yet (at least once the Dingo is out). I don't see why they would ignore it. And the Dutch use it! The Netherlands seem to be a good market for Revell, given that they include Dutch options whenever possible.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 04:40:38 AM »
Damn it!!!  I few months ago, I went to great trouble to track down and acquire some 1/48 Red Bull decals...now look what Revell have gone and done:

Hardly makes my efforts worth it...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Gingie

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »

I guess a 1/35 Fennek is only a matter of time

You called that one, albeit Hobbyboss (which IMO will do a better job than RoG)

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 04:28:28 PM »
Too bad they can't cut a 1/144 CH-53E, and update the G into a GS (which is pretty much just the nose away from a Pave Low)...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »
Modellversium.de has an in-box kit review of the Revell of Germany 1:35th scale SPz PUMA (kit number 03096)

Click on html or thumbnail to view.

Offline Gingie

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2013, 07:58:36 AM »
A couple of stinger SAMs would look good added to the outside of that.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »
Revell has announced a number of new releases for this autumb.
mostly reboxes, but more then welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.592837720761667.1073741857.219237014788408&type=3

Aircraft:

1/144 Airbus A330-300 (getting one to make into a Belgian AF machine, or KC-330)
1/144 Tupolev Tu-144 (Soviet Supersonic Bomber anyone, or modernday Aeroflot)

1/72 Ta152H (rerelease. yes, more luft'46 goodness   :), i was thinking about that kit the other day)
1/72 Kawasaki Tony (reboxed old kit)
1/72 F-4F Phantom "Phantom Pherewell" (new blue/gold scheme)

1/48 P-51B Mustang Mk.III
1/48 Bristol F2B Fighter
1/48 F/A-18C Hornet "Swiss"

Ships:

1/72 German Submarine Type XXVII B "Seehund" (would me for more '46 goodness  :) )

Armour/Vehicles

1/76 Montys Caravan (reboxed Matchbox)

1/35 Pz.Kpfw. 35 (t)
1/35 Bergepanther (Sd.Kfz. 179)
1/35 M1A1 Abrams (Easykit)
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:38 AM »
 I wonder if the Seehund is a new mold, or the ICM? kit re-boxed...either way, it'll proabably be cheaper.

Hope they re-pop the NS Savannah again one day soon.