Author Topic: CPL Overbys motorpool  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
CPL Overbys motorpool
« on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:18 AM »
whilst scouring the universe for 1/72nd scale Unimogs I found this guy's page on facebook. He makes wargaming stuff in 1/72nd scale, and amongst it Unimogs. Iam also going to order some Toyota pickups and landcruisers from him too. For a bit over £14 and posted from the states I got this nice pair of trucks with a GPMG to stick on the roof too.Excellent service and correspondence form him too, and I can totally recommend him.

Cheers
Chris. 
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: CPL Overbys motorpool
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
Interesting mix of equipment.  Modern Mercedes UNIMOG and an MG-34 for the roof?  :)

Here is a link to what he is selling via the On The Way Models web page: ------> CPL Overby's Motor Pool

He is located in Aberdeen, Maryland
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:32:43 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Diavel

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
Iam not a fan of anything resin Jeff, but these are to me at least a safe bet, as I am too heavy handed to build most resin stuff and forget about putting windows in anything. These should not cause me any nightmares and the toyotas I want look pretty good too.
Chris

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
just be careful when cutting away those pour plugs on the bottom, with so little to gain purchase on with your fingers you could have an incident in the blink of an eye with a bloody stump of a digit and the rest of the finger on the floor at your feet.  I would hope you have invested in a small vice to be held in your hand or better yet mounted on the table.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
Gee, at £14 for two, it sounds much cheaper than buying the Roco kits.

I agree with Jeff on the vice to hold models while gouging away the pour-blocks - cushion the jaws with rubber too to prevent damage.

Offline Diavel

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »
just be careful when cutting away those pour plugs on the bottom, with so little to gain purchase on with your fingers you could have an incident in the blink of an eye with a bloody stump of a digit and the rest of the finger on the floor at your feet.  I would hope you have invested in a small vice to be held in your hand or better yet mounted on the table.
Thanks for the heads up on the cutting Jeff, I do have a very small vice I can use for these, and I have a bit of experience with cutting pour blocks off when I built a few of Jadar's armour kits. I use a fret saw and a very sharp chisel to take very small slivers away at a time as I am nervous of causing any damage to the kit.As you may of gathered, resin is my least favourite modeling material. Don't get me started on Vac-forms  :o ;D
Chris 

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »
I love unimogs, looks to be a nice little kit.
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline Diavel

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
I have ordered the set of Toyota technical's today, these are going to be made from clear resin,as the guy who makes these has started casting in the stuff.When these arrive I will put some pictures up of these too, as they come out of the box.
Chris.

Offline Diavel

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
The toyotas arrived a couple of days ago and I have took some pics of them before I build them. Yet again they do not disappoint and are nicely made and detailed. One of the trucks has a clear resin cab on it which is a new thing I think, I will have to put an interior colour on first with the cab,so it comes through the windows then the main colour, so how this turns out I shall have to see. The trucks were again just over £14 including the postage. Over all I am again impressed with this work and in 1/72nd scale I dare say these are the best if not the only ones on the market.

Cheers
Chris

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 03:55:22 AM »
Tiny, shiny, lot of detail :)

Certainly look great.  Now are you going to stuff one of those in to the back end of a V-22?

Offline Diavel

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »
Tiny, shiny, lot of detail :)

Certainly look great.  Now are you going to stuff one of those in to the back end of a V-22?
These are going to belong to the bad guys Jeff, so will probably get slung underneath a Mil Mi-8, or be patrolling a captured airbase somewhere on the Honduras Nicaraguan border.
chris

Offline Diavel

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
\to see the other stuff he makes have a look at this link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cpl-Overbys-MOTOR-POOL/111521275572677?id=111521275572677&sk=photos Also he is no longer in Maryland, he is in Florida now. I have been told that a new project of his will be some pink panther land rovers also in 1/72nd scale.
Cheers
Chris