Author Topic: Precise Models LLC (Topping, RoLen, and Precise)  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Precise Models LLC (Topping, RoLen, and Precise)
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:43 AM »
I stumbled on this web page by accident while looking for something completely different which is usually how this happens :)

Anyway, Precise Models LLC appears to be a source for the manufacturers desk top or contractor models that were produced by Topping, RoLen, and Precise in years past.  The name change to Precise Models LLC appears to be the result of reorganization for business purposes. 

There is a list of replacement parts for various models and the scales are noted on some items which may be helpful for anyone that is looking for a specific part for a project and has no interest in buying a whole model kit just to source the propellers.  :) 

The wing tip floats for the Grumman Albatross caught my attention and led me to the web site.  Something like that could be very useful for anyone wanting to build a flying boat/amphibian.  Some of the prices are good while others are not so caveat emptor is advised.

Links to some of the pages that you might find interesting:

Model Stands For Sale
Aviation Model Parts - I found the Albatross floats on this page
Helicopter Parts
Misc. Model Parts includes rockets and space stuff

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Precise Models LLC (Topping, RoLen, and Precise)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »
nice site ... scale of some of the parts could be a problem tho.  The canopies look interesting but asstd. Squadron vacs would probably be cheaper.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:50:37 AM »
You are a very bad man Mr Fontaine and my wallet is hating you terribly!

Seriously though, that site could be a real godsend, especially for those of us who always need drop tanks!

Thanks a million!

Brian da Basher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »
nice site ... scale of some of the parts could be a problem tho.  The canopies look interesting but asstd. Squadron vacs would probably be cheaper.
The canopies and windscreens all suffer from something, keep in mind too that these are parts for those contractor models that were usually quite featureless.  The odd scales on some of the items are not as critical for some.   
You are a very bad man Mr Fontaine and my wallet is hating you terribly!

Seriously though, that site could be a real godsend, especially for those of us who always need drop tanks!

Thanks a million!
I figured you would appreciate a source of parts such as what this company offers. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:26:30 AM »
What odd-scales?

They're all even numbers.   ;D
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 03:13:33 AM »
Some of those stands are very tempting.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.