Author Topic: SketchUp 3D Model - Arch Roof Shelter Project  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
SketchUp 3D Model - Arch Roof Shelter Project
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:28:37 AM »
Arch Roof Shelter created with SketchUp.  Based on a 3D model that was uploaded by another contributor for a HALO themed medical shelter that I found interesting but was not overly impressed with some of the features that I felt were not essential for a modular shelter design.  So I embarked on creating my own interpretation of the shelter with additional features for something I felt was more functional. 

Click on image or this link to my FaceBook Image Album to view additional images in this album.   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:58:32 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
Re: SketchUp 3D Model - Arch Roof Shelter Project
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
Fixed link for image and html.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »
 :)

I really must have a go at sketch up sometime...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
Can be habit-forming. I wrote an article once on creating virtual dioramas using SU.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
Can be habit-forming. I wrote an article once on creating virtual dioramas using SU.

Yes, quite addictive at times.  But also a great way to relax sometimes if you don't let the Muse take over and force you into doing more with your project than you had planned. 

I look now on that arch roof shelter and I can see where I could make some changes to the model to make it better but I think I will leave it alone for now.  Trying to not model the complete subject in one sitting can be a real challenge.  Worse yet is trying to model the external features without getting bogged down on the internal (never seen) details that you know are there to support the physical shape of the object you are trying to model. 

I still claim it is a good way to relax :)

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 02:06:42 AM »
 That gives me an idea for some old shampoo bottles Mrs. J. gave me to use with some Magic Sculpt.  :icon_music:   Freelance 1:35 design coming up. 
kwyxdxLg5T