Author Topic: Supersonic Flying Wing  (Read 2649 times)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Supersonic Flying Wing
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
Re: Supersonic Flying Wing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
It looks fascinating and aptly described as a Shuriken in shape. Basically four m2f lifting bodies glued together at the four compass cardinal points to create a cross or X. I would fly in it, but then I would fly a porto-let too.

I just wonder about a craft able to translate 90 degrees of motion without banking at those speeds. Visions of having to ride in G-force compliant seats and the pilot instructing everyone to strap in and brace cause we're gonna carve a turn now! HeHeh.

Getting passengers to board a regular flying wing or a BWB is going to be a tough enough sell, getting them aboard what looks like a Pinata' might be a wing too far...  ;D

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Supersonic Flying Wing
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
"Thank you for flying with Ninja Airlines on our new Shuriken airliner on non-stop service between Tokyo and New York..."
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg