Author Topic: In need of pilots  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
In need of pilots
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:58:18 AM »
I am always on the lookout for 1/72 and 1/48 scale pilots (any era) since so many kits come without pilots I always seem to need extras. If you've got a surplus let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.  :)
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: In need of pilots
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »
Jeff,

I think I can help you out with the aircrew problem.  At least for 1/48th scale.  Acquired several years ago from someone a big bag of Hasegawa ground crew/air crew figures that had been included in the one figure set produced by Hasegawa.  The figures represent ground crew and I recall seated air crew figures in the set too but will have to check again on the numbers. 

There may also be a bag of Esci ground crew and air crew figures available, not sure if those are still in the stash or disposed of but if they are there they too are available. 

Keep in mind the Esci figures are a bit lanky looking in most cases and they all represent personnel on the ground. 

I would not mind seeing all of these figures go somewhere else if they are needed and for the right price ;^)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:37:18 PM by jeffryfontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Paul Wagner

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
    • Stoccata School of Defence
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
I'll fight you for any 1/72 pilots!

Why Airfix (or someone else) doesn't realise there's a massive market for a box of mixed pilots I don't know....

There's the Revell sets for RAF and Luftwffe, but they're expensive for the number of usable pilots you get, and the RAF men are Giants Among Men, and rarely fit the 1/72 cockpits.

Then there's the Hobby Master sets - the US WWII pilots are OK, but the other WWII and Jet pilots are dreadful.

Airfix already has lovely molds for a whole bunch of them, it wouldn't take much to punch out a box of them - you could get up to 10 WWI, 10 WWII, 10 Post-War, 10 Cold War and 10 Modern in a single sprue.

Paul

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:04 PM »
The Hasegawa crew sets were quite nice in 72nd.  Some of their included pilot figures have been good also (I'm thinking the Hornet here, although the kit itself is shabby).

Monogram also did a pair of corkers for their F-105G.

Anything of worth would have to be multipart in my opinion though, especially in 72nd, as things start getting clunky for one-piece moulds in that scale regardless of who's doing them.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
I am always on the lookout for 1/72 and 1/48 scale pilots (any era) since so many kits come without pilots I always seem to need extras. If you've got a surplus let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

I retrieved the bag of Hasegawa 1/48th scale Ground Crew/Air Crew body parts from storage and most of the contents appear to be ground crew or air crew standing around.  Not much in the way of seated pilot figures as I had once thought.  Let me know if you are still interested in these things even if they are not seated aircrew.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg