Author Topic: Gran Ltd. (granmodels.ru)  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Gran Ltd. (granmodels.ru)
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
Gran Models located in Moscow, Russia offers a number of injection molded plastic model kits in 1/72nd scale.  The one that caught my eye was the SA-2 Guideline (S-75 "Wolchow") SAM which was the subject of a kit review by Manual Leyva at Modellversium.de.  I found the link for the Gran Models web page and discovered that they produce much more than just the S-75/SA-2 SAM. 

Link to products page at Gran Models
Link to future releases page at Gran Models

There are two very interesting subjects scheduled for future release that some of you folks will appreciate very much.  A shame that they are in 1/72nd scale. 

Here is a kit review from Modellversium.de for the S-75 "Wolchow" (SA-2 Guideline) SAM

(Image source: Modellversium.de/Manuel Leyva)
Click on html or image to view.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:00:23 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
Re: Gran Ltd. (granmodels.ru)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »
There are two very interesting subjects scheduled for future release that some of you folks will appreciate very much.  A shame that they are in 1/72nd scale. 

Rapier and GAZ-69! Love their general selection of SAMs, too. And in the Ideal Scale, too... brilliant. Thanks for this info!
"God save our Queen and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:20:48 AM »
Bah!!! Wrong scales... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
Certainly would be nice if one of these companies would try to produce the various radars for each of these missile systems.   That would give someone the resources to build a complete air defense battery including the fire control and electronics vans to go with the radars.  This is definitely something that would not be affordable if built in a larger scale but attractive enough in something smaller like 1/144th or 1/72nd scale would create a reasonably sized diorama project. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
Don't quote me but I *think* some of the radars and such are available in railway scales like 1:87 and 1:120, but I agree, it would be nifty to have the "secondary vehicles" available in larger scales.

Though, for an SA-2 or SA-3 site, for example, I'm not sure I'd want to do it much bigger than 1:120...........
"God save our Queen and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:47 AM »
 Nice stuff! I hope they get around to an SA-4 Ganef one of these days, but the HAWK offers a
 number of possibilities as well...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 03:43:40 AM »
In-box review courtesy of Manuel Leyva has been uploaded to Modellversium.de showing all of the sprues for the Gran Ltd. 1:72nd scale S-125M Newa (NATO Code Name SA-3 GOA) kit number 7209 Nice model of the SA-3 quadruple missile launcher. 

Click on thumbnail image or html above to view.

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »
In-box review courtesy of Manuel Leyva has been uploaded to Modellversium.de showing all of the sprues for the Gran Ltd. 1:72nd scale S-125M Newa (NATO Code Name SA-3 GOA) kit number 7209 Nice model of the SA-3 quadruple missile launcher. 

I built one of these a few years ago, along with the Gaz APC's they do. The missile system went together easy enough but the vehicles were a bit on the awkward side especially the suspension and wheel fitment. They are however a nice addition to the limited Russian armour we get in 1/72nd scale. I have not seen any of these for sale for a while though, have they been re-released do you know Jeff?.
chris
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 04:07:29 AM »

I built one of these a few years ago, along with the Gaz APC's they do. The missile system went together easy enough but the vehicles were a bit on the awkward side especially the suspension and wheel fitment. They are however a nice addition to the limited Russian armour we get in 1/72nd scale. I have not seen any of these for sale for a while though, have they been re-released do you know Jeff?.
chris

Not sure about availability.  Not really in my scope of interest except maybe using the SA-3 SAM shapes as some kind of air-launched missile on a larger scale aircraft subject.  I take it that Hannant's is not listing this kit on their web page? 

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »
I don't know about Hannants stocking them Jeffery as I don't do business with them. I could ask Ivan at modelsua.com, he would be a good person to ask if these are still available, or the guys at Hobbyterra.The Gaz Vodniks are quite a small vehicle for what they are I meant to add.
Chris. 
Just call me the thread killer.