Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

Wyrmshadow's Assorted Whifs

<< < (35/36) > >>

Wyrmshadow:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 27, 2023, 10:34:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wyrmshadow on February 27, 2023, 09:57:06 AM ---WIP for a Special Forces All Terrain Tactical Vehicle.

Can you guess what the inspiration was?
--- End quote ---
HALO > UNSC Warthog :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Hot Dog. We have a wiener.

Yes. A WW2 Warthog. I found detailed model and I spent many hours trying to de-futurize it. I of course, gave it a M35 face. Then I went about and changed a lot of the super futuristic stylings of the boxes and suspension, dashboard. Everything I could.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Wyrmshadow on February 27, 2023, 12:36:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 27, 2023, 10:34:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wyrmshadow on February 27, 2023, 09:57:06 AM ---WIP for a Special Forces All Terrain Tactical Vehicle.

Can you guess what the inspiration was?
--- End quote ---
HALO > UNSC Warthog :smiley:
--- End quote ---
Hot Dog. We have a wiener.

Yes. A WW2 Warthog. I found detailed model and I spent many hours trying to de-futurize it. I of course, gave it a M35 face. Then I went about and changed a lot of the super futuristic stylings of the boxes and suspension, dashboard. Everything I could.
--- End quote ---

Sad to say that I am more familiar with the HALO Warthog than I would care to be.  I acquired four of the Revell Snap-Kit Warthogs that are touted as being "1/32nd scale" but a much closer to being 1/24th or 1/25th scale when you place a 1/32nd or 1/35th scale figure anywhere near the model.  To make matters worse, I inadvertently threw away the clear parts for the initial four Warthog kits [kits are boxed in clear plastic trays within the shoddy side opening box and easily missed] so I ended up acquiring four more of the damned things so I could complete the first four kits.  This gave me four additional Warthogs that I have been modifying to remove the problematic hole in the cargo bed by covering it over with a new floor.  The figures and stupid noise-making weapons were all donated and are not missed. 

Wyrmshadow:

Wyrmshadow:

M40 Boarhound. Because it's not a Warthog. It's the total opposite. It's the Anti-Warthog.. Therefore it's a hound that hunts hogs.

Wyrmshadow:
Not posted in a while. There is a new game on STEAM that just dropped this week called FLYOUT.

You design and fly your own planes and helicopters. It's very difficult and there is a learning curve. The hardest part for me is learning how to design a piston engine. I don't understand fuel mixes and gear ratios so when I go to test it, there is very little power. My first 3 planes looked pretty, but could not fly. Yesterday I tried to make my WW2 Autogyro. After 2 hours of fiddling with the stats, it flew! I can hover, but the push prop is very weak. Only managed to go 75mph forward. The two engines are Allisons from a P-40. The bore diameter, stroke, and number of pistons is correct, but I had to guess on the gear radios to make it work. Lots and lots of guess work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w455OJBKL6s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version