Author Topic: mecha base  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
mecha base
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:34:18 AM »
This is a 1/48 resin base from Verlinden. No assembly was needed. I sprayed on the gray primer a few hours back. I am thinking of leaving the cobblestone section as gray primer. Any hints on the color of the building rubble?

Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: mecha base
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »
Building rubble -- red-brick + browns & greys.  Sectons of building would be Brick-red, cream stucco, then off-white for the stone window surrounds.  In comparison, that 44-gallon drum looks huge beside that window frame !

Cobble-stones are various shades of grey + dark grey wash between.
Lots of work but you need to paint each stone individually ;D     Some dry-brushing brings it up nicely too.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:56 AM »
Building rubble -- red-brick + browns & greys.  Sectons of building would be Brick-red, cream stucco, then off-white for the stone window surrounds.  In comparison, that 44-gallon drum looks huge beside that window frame !

Cobble-stones are various shades of grey + dark grey wash between.
Lots of work but you need to paint each stone individually ;D     Some dry-brushing brings it up nicely too.
Thanks for the tips Raafif. Closest I have to brick red I have with me is redbrown. I think. ;D
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »
I see a few light spots that need filled in.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
Lookin' good, Zod :)

I'd combine the two top left piles of rubble wth more debris, and extend the one on the right to the edge of the base then place a standing figure in the gap.
Perhaps add a few random bricks scattered about.  Cobbles could do with some dark grey & light dust over them around the debris -- it would then make a good base for a tank (maybe one of those Panthers with dozer-blade??)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:00:29 AM by raafif »

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:56:54 AM »
Lookin' good, Zod :)

I'd combine the two top left piles of rubble wth more debris, and extend the one on the right to the edge of the base then place a standing figure in the gap.
Perhaps add a few random bricks scattered about.  Cobbles could do with some dark grey & light dust over them around the debris -- it would then make a good base for a tank (maybe one of those Panthers with dozer-blade??)
Thanks Raafif.
Sadly,that is all the rubble that came with the base.It was attached to the base. I have two mecha walkers I will add to the base.

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
Sadly,that is all the rubble that came with the base.

well, just raid the garden, street etc & paint to match ;)

I hope the Mechas you choose will include the Dust one with dozer-blade ?? 8)