Modelling > "Automatons on Parade" Uninhabited/autonomous vehicles GB

Agusta Westland SkyHook UAV and a A Flying Parcel Machine - finished !

(1/9) > >>

Robomog:
Hi late to the party again, but hey what an excuse for a scratch build !

Here's the concept,  you've probably seen the Amazon locker, Inpost and those sort of things lurking outside supermarkets  and in shopping malls, but what about people in remote places and far flung islands that have to rely on slow boats or stretched lines of delivery?

Here's where the Flying Parcel Machine (proper name pending  ::)) will fill a gap, Flying direct from the depot or a staging point it speeds up parcel delivery no end, weather permitting  ;), I will admit the concept has some possible flaws but let's run with it  :D

Here's the story so far

I needed to design the parcel Machine first so that I can hang the drone around it, which I did on the computer. As you can see I have cut all the pieces for the box and found some propellors ( ironically they are replacement props for a mini drone  ;D), the plastic straps will form the cowlings for the props.

And that's the story so far, I have only a hazy vision of what the drone will look like,  this is going to be  very much seat of the pants build !

More when it happens........

Mog
>^-.-^<

Kerick:
Hmmmm, flying by the seat of his pants! This will be cool!

ChernayaAkula:
The idea is pretty cool and has merit.  :smiley:
Is the drone copter part detachable? Sorta like the pod on the Skycrane? Then you could fly the filled parcel station to the remote site, drop it, pick up the empty parcel station and fly it back.
It probably needs anchoring to the site somehow. To prevent theft and to keep people from being crushed by tipping stations (cuz you know someone will climb it while intoxicated and eventually topple the thing  :icon_beer:).

Robomog:
You are so much on my wavelength.  :smiley:

The parcel Machine is detachable and that's exactly how I envisage the operation, as for the balance I am not sure to have extendable legs or fitting it to a pre prepared hardstanding

Mog
>^-.-^<

LemonJello:
Interesting concept.

You could have locks similar to those used on the large shipping containers that secure it both to the delivery site and into the drone (top and bottom)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version