Author Topic: More Challenger 2s for Ukraine?  (Read 8036 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Re: More Challenger 2s for Ukraine?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2023, 08:55:41 AM »
A Challenger 2 firing its 120mm rifled gun, which spins the training round that has a tracer. The result is a magnificent light spiral (zoom in to see it).

CFBV
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 01:54:49 PM »
The ricochet is rather cool, too! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Online Sport25ing

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2023, 12:16:01 AM »
From Kastuś Kalinoŭski Regiment (Belarus volunteers in Ukrainian forces) wikipedia
 - "In December 2022, the regiment received a BMP-2 armored vehicle, and in January 2023 a captured T-72 tank. The regiment announced the formation of the first mechanized unit. "

Also, with the Japanese PM visit to Kiev, what if Japan not only gave the recon helis, but also Type 74 MBT's Type 89 Assault Rifles and maybe Type 73 APC's?
Edit: - unknow if true or not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7KnnPXrJ4 - a Japanese International Territorial Defense Legion, armed with said equipment
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 12:26:27 AM by Sport25ing »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 03:22:53 AM »

Also, with the Japanese PM visit to Kiev, what if Japan not only gave the recon helis, but also Type 74 MBT's Type 89 Assault Rifles and maybe Type 73 APC's?

I think Type 90 tanks would be better than Type 74s.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2023, 04:02:32 AM »

I think Type 90 tanks would be better than Type 74s.

True, but the 74 is to be fully replaced while the 10 is to supplement the 90's, maybe replace the older versions - and said 74 could replace some of the T-'s kept in the Belarus border said tanks would be send south

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2023, 09:17:53 AM »
Another idea that come up right now:
After the end of the Cold War, the Belgian Land Component disbanded all is tank units; with the start of the 2022 Russo-Ukrainian, and as part of NATO rearmament, Belgium would once again form a tank unit

What the best tank for Belgium?

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2023, 01:02:25 AM »
The Belgium wants to participate in the Main Ground Combat System (MGCS) progarm, whcih is meant to replace both the Leopard 2 and Leclerc MBT's. What if, as a stopgap, one or two brigade are made with either a Leopard 2A6 (or PSO) or Leclerc tanks? And maybe, as support, either the Marder I or Bradley IFV?

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2023, 05:41:56 PM »
South Korea threat to support Ukraine with military aid if Russia continues to attack civilians: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-south-korean-arms-ukraine-would-signify-involvement-conflict-2023-04-19/

And Russia been Russia...

Ukrainian with former ROK Marines M48A5KW (kept in Belarus border), plus T-80U and BMP-3's (Russian want them back since 2016!) - maybe K1A1 not yet upgraded

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2023, 02:08:14 AM »
South Korea threat to support Ukraine with military aid if Russia continues to attack civilians: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-south-korean-arms-ukraine-would-signify-involvement-conflict-2023-04-19/

Ukrainian with former ROK Marines M48A5KW (kept in Belarus border), plus T-80U and BMP-3's (Russian want them back since 2016!) - maybe K1A1 not yet upgraded

I will believe Sth Korean support when I see it.

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2023, 05:44:23 AM »

:D
I will believe Sth Korean support when I see it.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2023, 04:18:38 AM »
Sigh...if only:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2023, 09:25:44 AM »
Wavell Room - UK Defence & Security Analysis

"The final, practical and mundane reason why T-14 Armata will not become a production tank is because there is no assembly line.  All models to date have been assembled by hand"

Armata – the story is over

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2023, 03:00:22 PM »
Sigh...if only:

In the RW: [sigh] Yep! :icon_crap:

In Whif World:

I'll be converting a started Merkava IV build (Which is at the painting stage. Oh, and the bloody indy link tracks. :o ] to this shortly, once I get the work space cleaned up after the last build.

I bought the paints today. :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2023, 11:30:01 PM »
Quote from: The Big Gimper

"The final, practical and mundane reason why T-14 Armata will not become a production tank is because there is no assembly line.  All models to date have been assembled by hand"

It’s an artisanal tank! They probably have to redo each part several times because - vodka

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2023, 11:59:37 PM »
Quote from: The Big Gimper

It’s an artisanal tank! They probably have to redo each part several times because - vodka

:icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer:

Offline kim margosein

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2023, 11:28:52 AM »
There is a peer to peer war going on now, and eventually the Challengers Leopards and Abrams oh my will face Russian forces.  Now would not be the time to freeze the design for production.  There are lessons to be learned that will need to be incorporated into the eventual production model.

Online Sport25ing

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2023, 04:18:03 PM »
Well, Well, it's seens that a Ukrainian Merkava MIGHT not be a whatif anymore  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3nCVT3Vgo