Modelling > "Automatons on Parade" Uninhabited/autonomous vehicles GB

Titan Space Launch Vehicle

(1/9) > >>

Kerick:
Well, I broke my rule about finishing things before starting new stuff. So here is my take on a Titan style vehicle ready to launch some satellites. I'm putting it in Sci Fi as its not a replica of an actual launch vehicle but my take on what one could have looked like based on what I have available to work with. Thanks to Jeff Fontaine for the the big ole box of stuff he sent me that these parts have come from. I think the Titan missile is from one of those US missile sets, one of which was recently redone by Atlantis Models. I believe the SRBs were some sort of Soviet missile. It will be put to more peaceful purposes here. The satellite payload shroud is PVC pipe, a PS shot glass and two PS miniature martini glasses. Here's a couple of pics so far.

This is it so far. I'll be adding details as I go. It will take lots of white paint to cover that green.

This is what I'm aiming for. I have to decide if I want USAF markings or United States/NASA markings. Looks like I'll have to print some more decals. I also have to build the bottom of each booster with better nozzles. I don't know what kind of base to build for this. Definitely not a whole launch tower. We shall see.

Dr. YoKai:
It sure looks good so far.

Frank3k:
Looks good., especially the payload shroud.

Robomog:
Neat use of found objects  :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<

Kerick:
I’ve been adding semi correct greeblies to the SRBs and payload shroud. Mostly bands around the SRBs at regular spacing and conduits or whatever it is up the side. I’ve got new nozzles for the SRBs and the Titan but I need the skirt that each piece has at the bottom that appears to hold the nozzle.
Also when I paint this part of the Titan will be white and part NMF. In what order do I apply this? I don’t think NMF first will work as the masking tape will probably pull it off. So it would be white all over first, mask it off, apply black then finally NMF. What sort of NMF would you recommend? I’ve avoided NMF like a plague for ages so I’m a newbie at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version