Modelling > "Automatons on Parade" Uninhabited/autonomous vehicles GB

'Black Baron' IRBM

(1/7) > >>

robunos:
Okay . . .
For this Build, the 'What-If', is that that when the United Kingdom decide to build a ballistic missile to replace the V-Bombers, instead of effectively copying the US Atlas, a design based on Black Knight / Black Arrow technology is pursued . . .
More when it happens . . .

cheers,
Robin.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

robunos:

Okay . . .
So, to build this model I'll be using this kit,

I acquired it for another project that didn't go ahead, so let's see what we can make of it . . .
The main part of the kit are the two halves of the main body,

there's a bit of warpage, so some strong glue and tape / clamping will be required. But first there is some internal structure to be added. These are the parts before being worked on,

after 'modification',

and then after installation.

Then I glued the two body halves together, with strong glue and tape.

While that was drying down, I worked on the nose cone. I was just going to glue it to the top of the rocket, but then I decided to make it removable, so I made a base from one of the many inside pieces left over(the original kit is designed to open, so you can see the internal structures).

This was then glued on to the nose cone.

Next I looked at the rocket nozzle. As it stood, I thought it was too big and needed reducing in size. So I marked it up,

before cutting it down, and sanding it to remove the shiny texture.

Again using some of the internal parts, I made up an engine mount. I made turbopump exhausts from some Evergreen tube I had.

When the body was completely dry, I added some plastic strip at top and bottom, this was to cover some gaps where the two body halves would have hinged together in the original kit . . .

Next step is to add some detail to the body . . .
That's All For Now, Stay Tuned . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Frank3k:
Nice work, so far! That's an ancient kit, too.

LemonJello:
Quality craftsmanship on display. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version