Modelling > In the Service of Her Majesty GB

Hawker Siddley Dominie T.1 to HRH Carrier

(1/7) > >>

Robomog:
Hi all

Second entry to run in parallel with the Hawk.

I was going to do a back story about the Queens flight acquiring a couple of these but in the words of the late great and still missed Brian Da Basher I got 'skunked by reality' they did use VIP 125's all be it CC2's.

So a very tenuous backstop

One aircraft was taken off the flight line and converted to a VIP configuration for use as a more clandestine transport for the Royals. It was given a relatively plain white paint scheme to blend in with most bizjets of the time. It kept its registration and call sign so to the outside world it was still a training aircraft. It was used for a few years then quietly returned to its training role when the need for an incognito operation was no longer required.

More when it happens......

Mog
>^-.-^<

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

robunos:
Also  :smiley:  . . .
I was going to do a CC.2, the grey scheme with blue trim, but for that I'd need a Matchbox version, and they're not cheap . . .

cheers,
Robin.

kitnut617:
Look for a Sword U125 kit -- they have one as a C-29A too. These are Hawker 125-800's

Robomog:

--- Quote from: robunos on September 24, 2022, 04:48:21 AM ---Also  :smiley:  . . .
I was going to do a CC.2, the grey scheme with blue trim, but for that I'd need a Matchbox version, and they're not cheap . . .
R

cheers,
Robin.

--- End quote ---

Yea i went down that route, they are as rare as hens teeth and those that are  around  are asking silly money !  ::)

Thats why i stayed with the T1 and lame backstory  ;D

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version