Author Topic: 1/35 Rye Field Models T-55A  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
Re: 1/35 Rye Field Models T-55A
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2023, 08:56:00 AM »
Be very careful of how much stowage you add, pics I've seen of T-55s in Africa show almost no stowage.

Yeah, that's called a Bell Curve.  Check the naked T55 pics I posted earlier in this thread.

I like being a Devil's Advocate muse for Frank, since giving him a push to the extremes guarantees some pure bottled inspiration for the rest of us.

Maybe on a Lindberg T-55 or even a Tamiya T-55 without PE it would be worthwhile.

Good point. Gypsy caravan vehicles are time & place immaterial and I've got some salvage builds in the wings.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 09:11:52 AM by Story »

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2023, 10:11:58 AM »
I'm calling the tank done - before I break off the radio antenna for the fourth time...

The ammo belt for the DShK is barely visible in this picture, but the kit part - like the rest of the kit - are sharp and well molded so the rounds were easy to paint:

TC and driver enjoying some lollipops:

The track on this side is actually good - some links are a bit stiff and keep moving into a spot where they're not resting as they should:

Overall, this was a great kit. Some assemblies seemed to go on forever, but the kit is well molded and goes together smoothly. With some care, the working, movable tracks actually move and don't fall apart.

Thanks for all the comments!

Offline Mig Eater

• Munch, Munch, Munch
    • Mig Eater Studio
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2023, 03:45:29 PM »
Looks great  :smiley:

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2023, 08:07:00 PM »
Lots of troops but not much gear, they're too poor to have many belongings. ::)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 05:43:50 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2023, 08:33:41 PM »
Lots of troops but not much gear, they're too poor to have may belongings. ::)

::)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2023, 05:43:30 PM »
OK, so sometimes they get the opportunity to loot somewhere. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2023, 09:57:11 PM »
OK, so sometimes they get the opportunity to loot somewhere. ;)

"Pillage and Plunder are two of the most useful management tools for achieving your objectives."
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2023, 06:26:08 AM »
"Pillage and Plunder are two of the most useful management tools for achieving your objectives."
That has been a Motivational Poster for armies since the Stone age.. Go get somebody else's Stuff.

Frank..this certainly a really nice build for you, everything works. A good looking, no fret build process helps with the painting process I find.