Author Topic: Solvalou Fighter - It can be whatever you want!  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Solvalou Fighter - It can be whatever you want!
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:16:47 AM »
One thing I’m not into, and never really was, is video games. I never got the allure of spending lots of time and money standing in crowded arcades when I could stay home and work on a model. However, one thing I AM into is cool-looking spaceships! It doesn’t matter to me if I know their backstory or not, for me spacecraft provoke a very deep and immediate response.

In this case, I was drawn to the Wave Non-Scale “Solvalou” fighter from a famous (well, not to me, but…) videogame of the ‘80s. This game was called “Xevious”, and while successful here, it was a huge hit in its homeland of Japan. To honour the game’s anniversary, kitmaker WAVE issued this model a few years ago.

I’m not sure about it’s origins, but man, it’s a neat looking ship with all kinds of potential! For something a bit different from the usual Star Wars, Star Trek and Gundam ships, check out the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/wave-non-scale-solvalou-fighter-oob/

Offline andonio64

• Fio Piccolo's understudy
Re: Solvalou Fighter - It can be whatever you want!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Thanks Faust, I've seen your blog, how big / small is it?
I mean how many cm is the wingspan and the measure from the nose to the tail?

Looking forward to seeing it built

Antonio

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Re: Solvalou Fighter - It can be whatever you want!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:45:30 AM »
I don't think it's going to be very big.

It'll maybe be 6-8" long and about 4-6" wide. It's hard to tell at the moment, all on the racks as it is. It's about the length of a 1/72 Spitfire, though, I'd guess, with the wingspan of a 1/144 Mig 1.44.

Hope that helps.

It is a nice, simple kit, though. Perfect for busting up a drought!